Facial courses study path

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yippy

Reaction score
I am a complete newbie and want to take up new skills to have a second job because ex-husband has been unemployed for 9 months and counting. I plan to be self employed rather than working for a salon due to little one. I couldn't work from home as I do not have a space. So I am planning to rent a therapy either on hourly rate or daily rate that suits my time. I have a full time job too!

I have been reading up many of the posts here for a long time but couldn't find one that fits into what i have in mind. I am mindful of the quality of the training and insurance therefore I would prefer to have the learning done via the proper route eg VTCT, ITEC rather than private training schools who offer 2 days weekend courses and I am certified! I am interested in giving facials however I am not keen to provide any machine aid facial (maybe in the future when I have money to setup somewhere or buy the machine then I will take another course) at the moment. I am keen to learn holistic facial. I want to build up my learning with baby steps rather than one big go as and when money and time allows.

My questions are:

1. If I take VTCT NVQ Level 2 Certificate in Facials and Skincare, which I assume I will be insurable to provide facial (not using machines), may I know where can I learn holistic facial around London (with a good training school) that will accept Level 2 facial qualification? Eg Neal's Yard only accept Level 3 beauty therapy which is different from Level 3 facial unit only.
2. Does Holistic facial focus a lot more on massaging the face? If yes, I am interested to learn that too except I am not planning to learn massage.

Thank you!

Latest posts

Back