Facial hair question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ellasmum

Reaction score
Ok, weird one here but have to ask......
I have a client (Nails only) that told me she has shaved the hair above her top lip for years!!!! She now has to go into hospital and is worried that it will grow and she will get stubble....what can she do???? I did not know what to say, I mean not really my subject...can she bleach or wax or what!!!!!!! Please beauty geeks can you help?
By the way I never did ask why she shaved!!!!:eek:

She woud be much better waxing, the hair grows back with a tapered end and so feels finer, not stubly! hthx

waxing will last longer than shaving. you also don't get stubble when you wax, if i were you i would reccommend that she she stops shaving NOW!!! and starts waxing it all the time, shaving is the worst thing she could do!!:)

she can do either wax or facial bleach.

How long will she be in hospital for? Is she worried that she will need to remove the hair while she is in there.

Waxing takes the hair from the root so it will last longer before it needs doing again. Most people dont need it doing again for at least 3 weeks. Plus the hair appears thinner as it grows tapered and not blunt if that makes sense.

What is she going in hospital for - this could affect which hair removal treatment is recommended.

edit - sory guys you obviously type faster than me - your reply's werent there before - honest

Thanks everyone...yes she said she will be in for a while as she is having an op on her hip. I think she was concerned about it growing back quick and not being able to get up and around. I will pass this advice on to her..she was a bit embarressed telling me I think but now I can help out with your advice.... Cheers

If someone has been shaving for years chances are they are never going to want to let it grow long enough to get it waxed she probably runs the razor over it everyday.Obviously waxing is going to work best but it would depend when she is going and whether she is going to be prepared to let it grow.If she has got time to let it grow explain how benificial waxing would be instead of shaving

Unless she's going in for a sex change, I'd wax wax wax.

How about hair removing cream? I don't do beauty but I know people that use it.

How about hair removing cream? I don't do beauty but I know people that use it.

That is exactly the same thing as shaving except for the fact that it can cause chemical burns.

I have a lady that has very coarse thick hair on her upper lip and chin, turns out lovely when we wax, however she only gets not even two weeks and the thick hair is back. However she is shaving in between appointments, if she just let me wax alone, I think it would benefit her.

aj

If she could bear to maybe she could use her time in hospital to just leave it so that it is long enough to have waxed when she comes out? I know this will be difficult for her but chances are she won't be seeing as many people while she's in hospital so in a way it's a good opportunity. I'm sure it's not as noticeable as she thinks anyway although I know this must be embarrassing for her.x

My mum used some kind of scrubbing pad she got from Betterware to remove the hair on her chin. (it was designed for this) However it was really making a mess of her skin, making it all coarse and sore. I got her am epilator (one that has a head for facial hair) and she uses this all the time now. What a difference!

That is exactly the same thing as shaving except for the fact that it can cause chemical burns.

:eek: , really? I will tell anyone I know that uses it.

i would wax it.

If she's stuck i can do it for her.

She needs a bit of regrowth though first. HOW BAD IS IT??????? could she pluck it (is it an odd stray here and there or are we talking MAJOR moustache?)

Bless her, must be worrying her sick if she's asked your help on it !

AMB x

Hiya chaps,
well spoke to my client yesterday and passed on your wealth of knowledge. I had to laugh Amber (is it an odd stray here and there or are we talking MAJOR moustache?) No its just that she has always done it this way and so she is scared to let it grow to wax it....but says she will have a go.
Thanks all for the help......Sam X

Latest posts

Back