Facial help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

katkj

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I’m currently doing an online facial course and i bought the kaeso hydrating kit to practice with, since it’s lockdown i done a facial on myself on monday, my skin has gone dry and bumpy all on my face and neck and it’s still like this 5 days after the facial so i’m guessing i’ve had a reaction to the products?(i don’t have sensitive skin either) i’ve looked at other brands but they all contain alcohol and fragrance🤦🏼‍♀️
Can anybody recommend a kit without them in but i don’t want to spend a lot as i work as a nail technician and might not end up doing it for paying customers.
Tia Xx

I’ve used kaeso for many years now and I have yet to find a client who is sensitive to it.
Of course you might have found an ingredient in one product that set your skin off.
My suggestion would be to patch test each product separately on your arm or neck, 2 days apart, to see if you can work out which product you are sensitive to. Then you can study the ingredients of that one product to whittle down the precise ingredient you are sensitive to. Perhaps you can compare with other products that have not suited you.

if it’s not a sensitivity then it possibly be that you were over zealous with the exfoliant or perhaps didn’t rinse product off enough.

I’ve used kaeso for many years now and I have yet to find a client who is sensitive to it.
Of course you might have found an ingredient in one product that set your skin off.
My suggestion would be to patch test each product separately on your arm or neck, 2 days apart, to see if you can work out which product you are sensitive to. Then you can study the ingredients of that one product to whittle down the precise ingredient you are sensitive to. Perhaps you can compare with other products that have not suited you.

if it’s not a sensitivity then it possibly be that you were over zealous with the exfoliant or perhaps didn’t rinse product off enough.

That’s a great idea thank you i will try that.
I’ve only heard good things about kaeso and since i haven’t got sensitive skin you could be right about the exfoliating or rinsing off properly too! i’ll try the patch tests then i’ll know, thank you for your help💕

I also have yet to find any client being sensitive to this brand. Many higher priced premium brands have caused reactions like itching and spots appearing after use, but not Kaeso.

The sensitive range may be slightly better suited to you, perhaps because the texture is slightly lighter than the hydrating range. Maybe that's what has caused your follicles to become blocked. Who knows though it's a matter of trial and error.

Do you have any other allergies, for instance with nail products ? Have you changed your nail products ? Hands touch our faces quite a lot so just thinking of other reasons for the problem. Or swapped a hair product at the same time ?
If you have had Covid too this can have an impact on you and your skin could be more sensitive than you think.

Hope it settles down soon

I also have yet to find any client being sensitive to this brand. Many higher priced premium brands have caused reactions like itching and spots appearing after use, but not Kaeso.

The sensitive range may be slightly better suited to you, perhaps because the texture is slightly lighter than the hydrating range. Maybe that's what has caused your follicles to become blocked. Who knows though it's a matter of trial and error.

Do you have any other allergies, for instance with nail products ? Have you changed your nail products ? Hands touch our faces quite a lot so just thinking of other reasons for the problem. Or swapped a hair product at the same time ?
If you have had Covid too this can have an impact on you and your skin could be more sensitive than you think.

Hope it settles down soon
I get dermatitis on my hands from my job but apart from that no allergies that i know of.
I’m not too worried about me but just when i can do my case studies i don’t want them to have the same.
I will try the patch testing and try the sensitive range too.
Thank you for your help😘

Yes, definitely try the Kaeso calming range - this is my 'Go To' for anyone with sensitive skin. Never had any issues with these products but you could always patch test if unsure.

Yes, definitely try the Kaeso calming range - this is my 'Go To' for anyone with sensitive skin. Never had any issues with these products but you could always patch test if unsure.
Ahh great my sister will be one of my case studies and she has sensitive skin so i’ll try that one and i’ll patch test just to be sure too.
Thank you for your help💕

Latest posts

Back