Facial Ideas Please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bronzewolf

Reaction score
Hi Gals and Guys :)

I'm looking for a bit of feedback from you as to what you offer for a more luxurious and longer facial as a second option. At the moment i have devised a 30 minute treatment costing £15 that includes cleanse, exfoliate, tone, mask (while mask is drying scalp and shoulder massage) eye cream and moisturize.

Thanx
Wolfy

Hi Gals and Guys :)

I'm looking for a bit of feedback from you as to what you offer for a more luxurious and longer facial as a second option. At the moment i have devised a 30 minute treatment costing £15 that includes cleanse, exfoliate, tone, mask (while mask is drying scalp and shoulder massage) eye cream and moisturize.

Thanx
Wolfy
Hi,at work we have 3 types of facial.A mini facial 30 minutes.This is for peeps who havn't got a lot of time to spare.Then we have the normal hour facial.This comprises of cleanse,tone,exfoliate,tone,Shiatsu(pressure points) lymphatic drainage,mask,tone,etc.

Then you have the hour and a half facial,Haute courture,luxury.That is everything I have just mentioned plus an additional setting(rubber type mask).HTH

Hi,at work we have 3 types of facial.A mini facial 30 minutes.This is for peeps who havn't got a lot of time to spare.Then we have the normal hour facial.This comprises of cleanse,tone,exfoliate,tone,Shiatsu(pressure points) lymphatic drainage,mask,tone,etc.

Then you have the hour and a half facial,Haute courture,luxury.That is everything I have just mentioned plus an additional setting(rubber type mask).HTH

For the haute couture facial would you have 2 masks then ?

For the haute couture facial would you have 2 masks then ?
Yes ,you would have your normal mask,then once that was removed you would have another setting mask(algae type)The same with what I do with my mobile facials using Eve Taylor.HTH

Thanx Babs

I have tested a few skincare ranges and I'm impressed with Eve Taylor, they are natural but effective my skin feels clean and the products smell wonderful. I am going to get some Casmara algae peel off masks they are such fun to work with :) Do you use the Eve Taylor peel off's are they similar? algae gel and powder mix together and paint on?

Any other suggestions folks?

Am i doing too much for a mini 30 minute facial?
What do you do for a 30 minute facial?

Thanx Babs

I have tested a few skincare ranges and I'm impressed with Eve Taylor, they are natural but effective my skin feels clean and the products smell wonderful. I am going to get some Casmara algae peel off masks they are such fun to work with :) Do you use the Eve Taylor peel off's are they similar? algae gel and powder mix together and paint on?
Hi,yes I use the Eve Taylor peel offs as part of my lux facial,they are wonderful,you can add essential oil to them to make them even more special.They stay on the skin for 15 mins and come off in one whole piece.I would say they sound the same as the Casmara algae peel offs but I havnt used this brand so not 100% sure.
They have several different masks for different skin types,it's a powder that you mix with warm water,then you can add a couple of drops of essential oil,then mix and apply to skin.HTH

I dont do a half hour facial.My hour facials are relaxation facial with eve taylor and in this one i do cleanse,face,neck,and shoulder massage with an essential oil blend depending on skin type or mood,mask,massage hands and feet,tone,moisturise, massage scalp.I often put a warm wheatie under their shoulders.I ask them if they want steam or longer massage they nearly always have longer massage i incorporate reiki into the treatment also.I always have an aromatherapy candle burning and a relaxation cd on.
The other facial i do is deep cleanse which is less massage but exfoliate,steam and extraction.
I only really do my friends,relatives and neighbours at the mo so i vary things quite a bit i may file their nails or do a foot scrub while the mask is on.All sorts really.What i would love to learn eventually is hot stone massage i recreated it with some basalt stones i got from b&q just heated in hot water my friend really enjoyed it but id only do it like that on someone i knew ..not very professional otherwise.

Do you use the towelling mits and hot water to remove the cleanser/scrubs etc?

I find this is really relaxing for the clients if your start on the tops of the shoulders then work your way up.

Nice little luxury.

Do you use the towelling mits and hot water to remove the cleanser/scrubs etc?

I find this is really relaxing for the clients if your start on the tops of the shoulders then work your way up.

Nice little luxury.
Ooh yes im going to get some towelling mits i usually use sponges or the muslin cloths i got from liz earle but towelling would hold the heat more it must be lovely.Ive read on here about keeping the mits or flannels warm in a slow cooker.

Ooh yes im going to get some towelling mits i usually use sponges or the muslin cloths i got from liz earle but towelling would hold the heat more it must be lovely.Ive read on here about keeping the mits or flannels warm in a slow cooker.
If you use slow cooker you can use some essential oils,really lovely.This is what I use when removing masks and exfoliant

you can get cheap wash mits at dunelm in all sorts of colours or make your own by buying a face cloth and then folding it and sewing it down one side, i think the salon type mits are expensive. The slow cooker sounds great at the moment one salon i work in just uses towels in a bowl of hot water but i find the water cools down real quick and im having to replace it before the mask.

you can get cheap wash mits at dunelm in all sorts of colours or make your own by buying a face cloth and then folding it and sewing it down one side, i think the salon type mits are expensive. The slow cooker sounds great at the moment one salon i work in just uses towels in a bowl of hot water but i find the water cools down real quick and im having to replace it after the mask.

Snap!

I have just bought loads of the cheap wash mits from Dunelm as that was the exact idea I had for using them!

30min Express facial,
Exactly the same as a full facial but condensed into 30mins

1hr facial
Includes hand & scalp massage whilst mask on, skin analysis & extraction if needed.

1hr 10 min facial
Same as the 1hr but i use the casmara masks instead for this one which i leave on for 15 - 20 mins

The facials have names which are relevant to the product range i use :D

I usually fill a bowl with hot water at the start of the facial, by the time I need to use the mitts the water is the right temp, then while the mask is on I change the water ready to remove the mask.

Iv seen some canny ones in some of the wholesalers, think Hive make them.

I hold the hot mits to the shoulders for a few seconds- this is very relaxing and lets the client get used to the temp.

I pay £22 an hour for a Susan Molyneux Aromatherapy one.. That's lovely!! I reckon £15 sounds good for an express one.

ok i have devised these 3 facials, please tell me what you think....

30 minute
cleanse, exfoliate, tone, mask, massage scalp shoulders whilst mask is on, eye cream and moisturize £15

1 hour
cleanse, exfoliate, tone, shiatsu facial massage, mask, while mask is on scalp and shoulder massage, eye cream and moisturize £20

1hour 15 minutes
cleanse, exfoliate, tone, shiatsu facial massage, "casmara mask", while mask is on scalp, shoulder, arm, hand massage, eye cream and moisturise £30

what do you gals think? are the treatments luxurious enuff? too expensive?can i make them more luxurious, do i need to kiss my clients feet? lol

Hi,

You could also look at including other treatments into your facial. Although a facial is considered a standard treatment that every salon should include on their menu, there is no reason why you can't expand it a little.

You could look at the benefits of collagen facials, microdermabrasion or even oxygen treatments in order to offer something a little different. Alternatively, why not look at including something such as eyelash extensions as another extra.

Many of these treatments can offer instant results which the client will see before they even leave the salon, which makes it very tempting to return on a regular basis.

Hi,

You could also look at including other treatments into your facial. Although a facial is considered a standard treatment that every salon should include on their menu, there is no reason why you can't expand it a little.

You could look at the benefits of collagen facials, microdermabrasion or even oxygen treatments in order to offer something a little different. Alternatively, why not look at including something such as eyelash extensions as another extra.

Many of these treatments can offer instant results which the client will see before they even leave the salon, which makes it very tempting to return on a regular basis.
Are you saying do eyelash extensions incorporated into a facial,or have that added onto a treatment list?

Are you saying do eyelash extensions incorporated into a facial,or have that added onto a treatment list?

It could be something that you could sell seperately, or put together as a special package. After the facial your client should be relaxed enough to sit through the eyelash treatment. If you didn't want to go as far as extensions, you could look at including other eyelash treatments instead.

One added bonus may be that if they are relaxed, they might fidget less too!

Latest posts

Back