facial massage medium for oily skin

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Please can anyone advise me what massage medium to use when doing a facila on an oily skin, my friend's going to have a facial with me for one of my assessments and I've thought that maybe I shouldn't use oil, we have a massage cream in college, but that has some oil in, is that better?? thanx.

You would use an oil on oily skin not a cream.
HTHs.

ahhhh, thanx for that, I'll use the almond oil we have in college, do you have any tips for facial massage on oily skin, or is it just the same as other skin types with regard to massage. Thanx so much.
xx

As it is a college assessment don't you have to use what they provide.The cream we had at college for massage when i trained was for oily spotty skin,it smelt like germolene.
I would never use a mineral oil on someones face at all in a facial as there is no nourishment in it.I massage with either usually almond oil and then i add essential oils to skin type.A good vegetable oil does not make someones skin more greasy and spotty.
As to which to use for your assessment it depends whats in the oil or whats in the cream.Do they indicate that they have certain properties.

I agree with Gillian and also i wouldn't want to over stimulate so would be quite gentle.
You should check out the info on the products you are using in college and if in doubt ask your tutor as she will know all about the products and she is there to give you the information you need.
Good luck :hug:

thanx Mandy and Gillian, will check out with college tutor tonight and also read ingredients list, thanx again! Salon Geek guys are "well cool"

At our college they always said to use grapeseed oil for an oily skin, and you can make sure it is all removed afterwards with hot towels.

check with your tutor - what do you use for oily skin when practising your facials at college? Whatever it is I would assume it would be the same for the assesment.

cheers guys, thanx loads. T xx

Latest posts

Back