Facial massage with Indian head massage

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carron

Reaction score
Hi,
I've recently done an Indian head massage course and i have someone book in for a facial massage and Indian head massage.

How would I carry out a facial and head massage with mininal movement for the client.

When i done the head massage it was sitting up so trying to figure out the best way to carry both treatments with her lying down

Thanks

I seat the client for the upperback part of indian head and then lie them down for the facial , then the massage of the scalp, face ,neck ,chest and decollete.
Personally I always detested the seated part of IHM and preferred to just do a beautiful facial and extended french facial massage technique with all the scalp movements done with the clients head in my hands.
It works for me and the clients head is naturally heavy if they are fully relaxed and this aids the fingers to perform the pressure points needed.
Adapt as you go along, and it can be done.
Develop your own technique, maybe you won't do every single step in the process, but it will be a very nice relaxing treatment.
Good luck

Last edited:
Hi can I ask how/where you did your course? Was it online or at a training centre?

Hi can I ask how/where you did your course? Was it online or at a training centre?
I did the Diploma in Indian head massage, and all my other holistic qualifications at my local college. I wouldn't go for online training in something like this , because it's so important for me to gain my knowledge in a classroom environment. It's what I prefer. HTH

I did the Diploma in Indian head massage, and all my other holistic qualifications at my local college. I wouldn't go for online training in something like this , because it's so important for me to gain my knowledge in a classroom environment. It's what I prefer. HTH
Thank you, I was worried with current circumstances that if I paid for a classroom type course it would end up being cancelled due to covid!

Thank you, I was worried with current circumstances that if I paid for a classroom type course it would end up being cancelled due to covid!

It might very well be, remote learning at college and just go in for practicals. I finishing a course off now that should have finished in May, we have zero classes, it's all online learning and just going in for practical exams. I myself need to learn in a classroom environment, I learn better. I won't be signing up for any more courses for the moment for college, but I will continue to do the odd CPD day course here and there.

I know the college I am at, is planning on doing all theory at home with students coming in for practicals only for the next intakes. Maybe ask each college you are interested in how they are delivery the course.

It might very well be, remote learning at college and just go in for practicals. I finishing a course off now that should have finished in May, we have zero classes, it's all online learning and just going in for practical exams. I myself need to learn in a classroom environment, I learn better. I won't be signing up for any more courses for the moment for college, but I will continue to do the odd CPD day course here and there.

I know the college I am at, is planning on doing all theory at home with students coming in for practicals only for the next intakes. Maybe ask each college you are interested in how they are delivery the course.
Thank you, also very wary of online courses ripping me off as heard some worrying things in the past, just wasn’t sure how things are right now, thanks for your help,
Can I ask what type of massage in your case most people go for? Trying to decide which one is most popular?

Thank you, also very wary of online courses ripping me off as heard some worrying things in the past, just wasn’t sure how things are right now, thanks for your help,
Can I ask what type of massage in your case most people go for? Trying to decide which one is most popular?

Aromatherapy and Swedish are my best sellers. I get more men for aromatherapy than females. Men are pampering themselves right now I finding, they are spending money. Females aren't booking as much as male clients are. Not sure if it's COVID related as before I get 50/50 male and females for massage but not now it's 90/10.

Aromatherapy and Swedish are my best sellers. I get more men for aromatherapy than females. Men are pampering themselves right now I finding, they are spending money. Females aren't booking as much as male clients are. Not sure if it's COVID related as before I get 50/50 male and females for massage but not now it's 90/10.
Thanks, as I’m a hairdresser I was looking to just add onto my services, so client would be seated at home on a chair!

Thanks, as I’m a hairdresser I was looking to just add onto my services, so client would be seated at home on a chair!

If it's a seated massage, I would go fo Indian head massage. You can do a full treatment or an express treatment. Offering a few express quick treatments are a good way of attracting clients who wouldn't normally book but as it's quick and cheaper they will try it.

If it's a seated massage, I would go fo Indian head massage. You can do a full treatment or an express treatment. Offering a few express quick treatments are a good way of attracting clients who wouldn't normally book but as it's quick and cheaper they will try it.
Thank you

I did my Indian Head Massage course just before lockdown
It’s been so popular! I do at least 3/4 a week. I offer 20 mins as a “taster” or as an add on after another treatment, or a longer stress relieving 45 mins, both popular x

I did my Indian Head Massage course just before lockdown
It’s been so popular! I do at least 3/4 a week. I offer 20 mins as a “taster” or as an add on after another treatment, or a longer stress relieving 45 mins, both popular x
Thank you, how did you train for yours May I ask? Ie- college, online, day class?

Hi,
I've recently done an Indian head massage course and i have someone book in for a facial massage and Indian head massage.

How would I carry out a facial and head massage with mininal movement for the client.

When i done the head massage it was sitting up so trying to figure out the best way to carry both treatments with her lying down

Thanks

When I get it done my lady uses a rolled towel on the back of my neck and leans my head slightly back while she massages my face. Totally supported like im in bed. It’s sooooo relaxing. I love a lying down one but an invigorating seated IH, you can’t beat it

Latest posts

Back