facial massage

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nebrummie

Reaction score
can someone plz help me. im doing an assignment for college about facial massage on different skin types. im really stuck on how to adapt a facial massage on oily, tanned, thickened skin. i would really appreciate any advise, if anyone has any weblinks it would be much appreciated. :irked:

:hug:oily, tanned, thickened skin. you would use effleurage, movements. Deeper effleurage movements help this type of skin. You are looking to help promote the skin in shedding the dead skin sells, thus promoting tanned skin.

can someone plz help me. im doing an assignment for college about facial massage on different skin types. im really stuck on how to adapt a facial massage on oily, tanned, thickened skin. i would really appreciate any advise, if anyone has any weblinks it would be much appreciated. :irked:

For oily skin I would say do a light effleurage massage and pressure point(accupressure)type moves anything too deep in the way of massage will over stimulate the already over active sebaceous glands which we definately do NOT want to do.Also maybe avoid a base oil on its own,maybe essential oil added to the base oil such as lavender which can be helpful to oily skin(there are many blends suitable for oily skins)or a cream rather than an oil.

I would tend to do a more deeper massage for a thickened and tanned skin(usually the 2 go hand in hand due to the skin damage from the tanning)
We want to increase the blood supply thus helping the skin renew and repair itself as best it can.An oil would be very beneficial in this massage.HTH

just to agree with everything thats been said, and also to add, usually clients with an oily skin don't like the feel of oil on their skin so something lighter is better.

becki xxx

im getting abit confussed because of this skin type, the skin is oily but tanned, thickened and coarse, which suggest to me that it could also be dehydrated. if i use petrissage movements wont that stimulate the sebaceous gland and produce more sebum resulting in more oil on the skin.

Latest posts

Back