Facial Powders

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fats28

Reaction score
I'm starting facials on my course tonight, the tutor has shown us all these powders you can get, Kaolin, fullers earth, etc to mix up masks according to the clients skin type.

Does anyone actually use these in their business, I am happy to buy things for college (more than happy actually:lol: ) but just wondered if this was a popular thing, more amongst mobile therapists actually.

I learnt to use these at college and they are very effective. A lot of ready made bought masks are based on them especially the kaolin.I dont use them now though as i always use the masks that come with my product range.Fullers earth especially can be difficult to remove.
I think it would depend on what products you are going to use.
They do work out very cheap though.

Same as Gillian, I was taught at college with these but the products I use a t the moment are suiting me and my clients so I use them.

Same as Gillian, I was taught at college with these but the products I use a t the moment are suiting me and my clients so I use them.

Same for me to !

Snap, although it can be fun mixing up your own!

I think most people stop using them because it's much easier to just open a tube. It takes up a lot of space storing all the bottles and jars with the powders and liquids in them too. And takes up more time mixing them. When you're working in a commercial environment, time is money, so although these products do work, there are equally good, or much better, ready made products to use.

me too - dont use them any more but i enjoyed using them at college although i always got told off for mxing way too much and then wasting loads!! ooppss!!

i love mixing masks

there was a big emphasis on this when i done my facial training

i decant powders and liquids into small containers for ease of transport and i don't feel they take up more time because you have to prepare them

We are being taught to use these at college, we use these for the standard facial, but if client books in for dermalogica facial then we obviously use their masques. I think that once I am set up I will use the masques that are with the product range that I will choose.

I aren't sure how popular that facials will be for me, I know most of my friends have all snapped my hand off for a manicure and pedicure but not facials.

I was thinking of the powders as I don't want to lay out for products that aren't going to get used. Thanks for your help so far:hug:

We have been using these at college but they have said that once their supplies have run out that they won't be replacing them anymore are they aren't used in the industry so much now. although they didn't tell us what they would be replacing them with!:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back