Facial steaming from 1st August UK

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

huskybar

Reaction score
Hi there. I’m starting to do facials again next week. Does anyone know if it’s ok to still use a steamer now. I can’t seem to find a definitive answer. My instinct says no but it’s a popular aspect of my facials. Thanks

Huskybar. Keep an eye on the guidelines, but where there are none, you have to use your own risk assessment to decide what seems to be safe.

Remember that Moisture invalidates the protection provided by a mask and the water molecules act as a magic carpet to transport micro particles of virus around. Steam also creates negative ions which will pull Mop up virus and pull it down to any surfaces: clothing, worktops, the floor, couch cover etc. You may feel this is a benefit, it really depends on your set up. Lots of other factors will come into play.

My visor steams up instantly when I pour hot water into a pedi bowl, so I’m careful to stay away from steam.

Thank you for your reply.
You're right. I'm sticking with my instinct. Last night, after my post, I thought about how hot it is in the PPE and l will only add to that with steam. Although I still want my clients to enjoy their facial experience, from a personal perspective, if I'm not comfortable, the quality of the treatment will be compromised somewhat, due to that distraction.
Thanks for taking the time to reply. I really appreciate it.

How about using hot towels in the meantime? Still a very relaxing experience, personally I prefer hot towels to steaming when having facials :)

How about using hot towels in the meantime? Still a very relaxing experience, personally I prefer hot towels to steaming when having facials :)
I also use hot towels so , as you said, I'll just stick with that. With the whole world changing, hopefully the loss of the steam will pale into insignificance. and they won't notice. Then again, we are talking about beauty clientele, so I won't hold my breath!!!
Thanks for the reply anyway. Much appreciated.

I also use hot towels so , as you said, I'll just stick with that. With the whole world changing, hopefully the loss of the steam will pale into insignificance. and they won't notice. Then again, we are talking about beauty clientele, so I won't hold my breath!!!
Thanks for the reply anyway. Much appreciated.
Sadly clients will have to come to terms with the fact that things will have to change for the time being, it just can’t go back to how it was.
Good luck!

Apparently the official final detail on facial treatments from the government will be out in the middle of next week.

I agree though that steam facials should be off the menu for a while.

Has anyone started to steam in their facials now that steam rooms and saunas are open? I'm apprehensive to use mine just in case!

Has anyone started to steam in their facials now that steam rooms and saunas are open? I'm apprehensive to use mine just in case!
I’m still not going to offer steam facials. It’s just too risky as a close contact service.

Latest posts

Back