Facial steaming timing & distances - help me please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sunnyb

Reaction score
I am completing my workbook for the facial part of my NVQ Level 2. I have a question asking how long mature skin needs to be placed under the facial steamer & also the distance in inches from the face. It asks about oily, dry, sensitive & normal skin for which the answers can be found earlier in the workbook, but nowhere in the workbook (and believe me i've been through it with a fine toothed comb):sad: can i find timing & distances for mature skin. This is the last question i need to answer to be able to hand my blooming book in! Please please please can somebody tell me how long mature skin needs to be under the steamer for & distance in inches that it needs to be away from the face?
I've googled the question & looked at manual instructions online - but nowhere can i find the answer.
If anyone can give me this answer it will soooooooooooooooo make my day!

Thank You in advance.

Rebecca x

Generally it's 12 inches away and the treatment would be for 5 minutes on a mature skin.Manufacturers instructions should be followed though as different equipment may vary.

I would say that if you have just got to put time and distance then do the same as for sensitive skin.Most mature skin will have a degree of sensitivity red veins etc and as an electrical treatment steam really isnt that beneficial in the same way galvanic or toning lifting machines are.
Therefore maybe its a bit of a trick question and you are to say that you wouldnt use it and you would choose another treatment.
I did have a look in my old books and had nothing much about steam for mature skin at all.

Thanks for your replies. It might be a trick question to be honest. But I'll answer the same as sensitive skin, which was my gut instinct with thinking of thread veins etc. But I'll also add to my answer that there are better methods of treatment for mature skin than the steamer & that will cover both possibilities then :D

Rebecca x

I am completing my workbook for the facial part of my NVQ Level 2. I have a question asking how long mature skin needs to be placed under the facial steamer & also the distance in inches from the face. It asks about oily, dry, sensitive & normal skin for which the answers can be found earlier in the workbook, but nowhere in the workbook (and believe me i've been through it with a fine toothed comb):sad: can i find timing & distances for mature skin. This is the last question i need to answer to be able to hand my blooming book in! Please please please can somebody tell me how long mature skin needs to be under the steamer for & distance in inches that it needs to be away from the face?
I've googled the question & looked at manual instructions online - but nowhere can i find the answer.
If anyone can give me this answer it will soooooooooooooooo make my day!

Thank You in advance.

Rebecca x
hi sunny b i am doing the same course has this and my booklet doesnt tell me anything at all where would i find this info ? thank you

hi sunny b i am doing the same course has this and my booklet doesnt tell me anything at all where would i find this info ? thank you

You may not have realised, but this thread was created 11 years ago, and the poster you’ve quoted has actually been absent since 2010.

Why not create a new thread of your own though?

Latest posts

Back