Facial training for CND nail tech

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tash

Reaction score
Hi everyone -

I have searched the threads for this one, but cannot find anything. I am self-employed mobile nail tech - trained with Creative last year, and want to extend my service menu to include facials...I never did an NVQ, just a Creative Foundation Course, followed by the CreativeSpa Foundation Course.

Does anyone have any advice on the best way to train just to do facials, without doing a particularly lengthy NVQ? I would need something that would be recognised by Professional Beauty Direct (who I am with for the nails) so I could be insured to practice as soon as I could.
Any advice very welcome!

Thank you

Its a case of searching around for training centres in your area that do specific courses on facials.

There is one in Derby but I presume that is a little too far away for you.

Hi everyone -

I have searched the threads for this one, but cannot find anything. I am self-employed mobile nail tech - trained with Creative last year, and want to extend my service menu to include facials...I never did an NVQ, just a Creative Foundation Course, followed by the CreativeSpa Foundation Course.

Does anyone have any advice on the best way to train just to do facials, without doing a particularly lengthy NVQ? I would need something that would be recognised by Professional Beauty Direct (who I am with for the nails) so I could be insured to practice as soon as I could.
Any advice very welcome!

Thank you

I think the beauty academy do a training course for facials but whichever course you choose facials are very in depth, not something that can be picked up in a few days imo.
There is a lot of anatomy & phisiology, learning about different skin types & conditions not to mention actually learning the routine.
When i was at college we had facial theory 1hr per week from September - June that was just the written side of things !!

I think the beauty academy do a training course for facials but whichever course you choose facials are very in depth, not something that can be picked up in a few days imo.
There is a lot of anatomy & phisiology, learning about different skin types & conditions not to mention actually learning the routine.
When i was at college we had facial theory 1hr per week from September - June that was just the written side of things !!

I agree - facials are in depth with all the A&P stuff.

Why not try a college to see if they do any part time evening courses i.e. "cosmetic make up and facials" is quite often done part time.

I did a one day course at the Cottage Training Centre in Hythe as a one to one (www.traininginbeauty.co.uk and http://www.traininginbeauty.co.uk/facial_massage.html). However i already had a level 2 in Cosmetic makeup and so had already done A&P in the skin, facial muscles, hair and facial bones and the M2 / M74 units.

A one day course won't give you the knowledge you need, you will have to back it up with lots of reading and coursework at home and plenty of practice in your salon. This course will give you a VTCT NVQ unit of qualification if you do the case studies and subsequent assessment and course work. But as with nails, there is always more to learn to be really good and knowledgeable for your clients - trust me they ask some real humdingers of questions about their skin and you have to be ready to reply to them.

Thank you for your advice everyone - I will search for a evening course!

Tasha

Latest posts

Back