Facial Vacuum Suction.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrs.Clooney

Positive Geek
Reaction score
Got my finals next week, eek! I have a question for anyone who may be able to help please.Our notes say to drain into the supraclavicular node from outside to centre from above the clavicle. However, our tutor told us to do this below the clavicle.To me, below the clavicle makes more sense as it is more fleshy but it goes against our notes and I am not back at college until my exams.Does anybody know?

surely it is below the clavicle!

I go below it too! Just make sure you select appropriate size cup xx

Hi It is above the clavicle - the right lymphatic duct empties all its lymph into the right internal jugular and subclavian veins and the thoracic duct (left lymphatic)empties all its lymph into the left internal jugular & subclavian vein which are above the clavicle. Therefore it makes sense to finish vacuum suction above the clavicle as it helps it drain into the nearest ducts.

Just bumping this up. I appreciate the replies but hoping more peeps can confirm this please.

My college notes say above the clavicle and text books don't say. Can't find anything on the internet either.

Thanks x

Hi I note that you tend to have a lot of confusion generally concerning what you are taught. This is very poor on the part of the college. I suggest that you contact the examining board for the exams you are taking - they after all write the papers and layout the guidelines for your practicals. On my old notes we finished vacum suction above the clavicle but contacting the board is the only way you will get the confirmation you are after.

That lymph is just above the clavicle, so with the vacum suction I have drained from the outside in (if you use the centre point of the chin to guide you)and I sweep outside in working up to the base of the neck,
if you give me an email addy I will email it over to you later prob easier than explaining.........your college should be more clearer on this have you contacted them?

I've been taught below too. Go with what your tutor has told you. Are the notes written by the examining board or staff? It is of course highly possible that it is just a typing error.

I was taught above the clavicle...

Latest posts

Back