Facial waxing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Body geek

Reaction score
Hi just wondering, can anyone answ this question,. I have a elderly client who has had facial waxing in numerous occassions. However, this time 4 days after waxing her chin area broke out in large blisters. I've have learnt that she is on wafarin tablets (blood thinners) could this have effected the waxing. Her eyes and lip were fine no reaction. She said the wax was fine and didn't feel hot. I'm trying to find out why she would react. Or could it be something else as it was 4 days later when blisters appeared???

Any ideas
Tks :)

Anyone???

Hi your client is elderly and their skin is very thin. Yes her medication plus she might use hot water to wash her face.
Hope that help.
P

Tks for that :)

Turns out client never informed therapist that she had been put on wafarin since last visit. Side Effects of warafin are hives, irritated skin, and itching in some cases skin loss but very rare. WAXING/WAFARIN the biggest no no, what can ya do when not disclosed until after event. Lesson learnt :))

Yes it would have made that happen, especially if her skin is thin.

Bruises I could put down to warfarin not to sure about blisters this to me says the wax was too hot.

That's what I thought maybe at first, but her brows and lip where fine. There was no visible marks at all until 4 days later. My doc friend said it was wafarin, mixed with the wax, irritated skin, friction from rubbing had increased or triggered side effects. You react instantly to a splash or burn and blisters appears??

:?:

Latest posts

Back