Facial waxing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rosie-posie

Reaction score
Hello!

What are everyone's top tips on facial waxing?
-How do you all prep the skin
-Things you have learned that whilst doing facial waxing and how to get the best possible wax
-Do you add any "facial" services onto your face waxing services such as masks,moisturizers

I find that grazing of the skin happens sometimes not everyone but some what could this be down to?

Thank you

Hi, Take a look at all of the replies to previous wax post regarding eyebrow waxing gone wrong. It is all the information that you need to solve the problem.

The main factors that can cause problems such as grazing etc, include, sensitive skin, medications, pre/ post meopause, period due, anti ageing skincare, too much sun or over exposure to harsh weather etc, etc.
I prep using only damp cotton wool if theres no make up on the area.
I slightly stretch the skin and use talc to dry the area - other geeks are trained to use an oil before wax, I wasn't so I don't do that.
Hard wax for my mobiles clients - travel easily
Strip wax for my home salon.
I do not add on another treatment, as I do not want to cause a spotty reaction or folliculitis by blocking the pores. However occasionally I may use savlon after the lip wax to help prevent any trouble if the client has a slight problem with acne.

Hello!

What are everyone's top tips on facial waxing?
-How do you all prep the skin
-Things you have learned that whilst doing facial waxing and how to get the best possible wax
-Do you add any "facial" services onto your face waxing services such as masks,moisturizers

I find that grazing of the skin happens sometimes not everyone but some what could this be down to?

Thank you

Most of my facial clients want a lip and chin and brows done. I used to worry about it taking off the facial products but actually once the facial is done the products are absorbed and have done their job, and I’ve done their massage with oil, there is that barrier there to protect the skin sand sealed everything in. I went for it after some geeks helped me when o first started. The clients are happy, I am totally confident with it and they have no problems with spots or infection or grazing after so all good.

Plus it’s also the perfect prep for wax having oil already on. I use strip wax for lip, usually both for chins (strip x 2 then hard) as I see a lot of strong chinny chin chin hairs. As long as you follow with after wax it would make no difference.

An option is to save moisturizing until after waxing and then apply the regular moisturizer everywhere except the wax areas and use the after wax on those areas. But you will find your own order that you prefer.

If you are getting grazing, apart from Rosie’s help, you really got to stretch facial skin as it’s loose for us to move our jaws to eat and speak, it’s not like a leg. If you are getting a lot of grazing then try just doing it once and then tweezing to avoid damage until you are more confident.

Latest posts

Back