Facials & added nice bits?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes I do a 10mins back massage as well, have done for 11years and the clients love it! Also I place a steam towel on the back after the massage, clients always say "that's amazing"

Great ideas for home salons, any for doing mobile, to make it as enjoyable as possible but bearing in mind lack of space ?

Great ideas for home salons, any for doing mobile, to make it as enjoyable as possible but bearing in mind lack of space ?

I don't do facials yet but I was at a Temple Spa class earlier in the month and the consultant had warmed towels in a thermal lunch bag, this might be a good one for mobile therapists? x

Sent from my HTC One X using SalonGeek

all really amazing ideas will def be trying out the one with essential oils in hot water thanks guys

Good idea Charlie :)

I have rose petals in my foot bowl along with essential oils & I offer hot chocolate, latte or champagne

Thanks for this tip, I did this for my pedi today, was lovely, client was Sooo happy felt really pampered x

What a fabulous thread! Iv taken away some lovely tricks & tips :) Matt you'll be hearing from me soon as I'm really interested in the ET range & training :)

For me it's all about making your client feel like the only one that matters! The room must be warm & inviting & I like dim lights with a flickering scented candle in the back ground. Heated blanket with fluffy towels & duvet on top with a fleecy throw over that (summer time slightly not as many layers!!).
At the start of my treatment I like to do a relaxation breathing exercise - I cleanse the feet with warm mitts & a few drops of lime essential oil, apply chosen oil to hands & arms (warmed by a bottle warmer but may try putting little cup in cabby) apply to clients décolleté in three large sweeping movements using forearms, holding one hand over the nose ask your client to take in a nice deep breath & when she breaths out I rock her shoulders to relax. I repeat this 2 or 3 times.

I always do all my movements slowly & with a nice firm pressure, making sure I work out tension in her neck & shoulders, scalp, palms & soles of feet.

I love the idea of an add on menu to make it even more personalised however my top facial does include scalp, hand & arm & foot massage anyway.
At the end of all my treatments I place an eye pillow over the eyes, tell them I'm leaving the room for a few mins to get them a drink of water(I like the idea of herbal tea...) I fill out a recommendations card & take in products too.
Eye pillow off & sit up slowly x

What a fabulous thread! Iv taken away some lovely tricks & tips :) Matt you'll be hearing from me soon as I'm really interested in the ET range & training :)

For me it's all about making your client feel like the only one that matters! The room must be warm & inviting & I like dim lights with a flickering scented candle in the back ground. Heated blanket with fluffy towels & duvet on top with a fleecy throw over that (summer time slightly not as many layers!!).
At the start of my treatment I like to do a relaxation breathing exercise - I cleanse the feet with warm mitts & a few drops of lime essential oil, apply chosen oil to hands & arms (warmed by a bottle warmer but may try putting little cup in cabby) apply to clients décolleté in three large sweeping movements using forearms, holding one hand over the nose ask your client to take in a nice deep breath & when she breaths out I rock her shoulders to relax. I repeat this 2 or 3 times.

I always do all my movements slowly & with a nice firm pressure, making sure I work out tension in her neck & shoulders, scalp, palms & soles of feet.

I love the idea of an add on menu to make it even more personalised however my top facial does include scalp, hand & arm & foot massage anyway.
At the end of all my treatments I place an eye pillow over the eyes, tell them I'm leaving the room for a few mins to get them a drink of water(I like the idea of herbal tea...) I fill out a recommendations card & take in products too.

Sounds like a lovely facial JoJo.

Sounds divine, wish I were closer!

Some lovely ideas :)

Some lovely ideas on this thread....thanks for sharing

Last edited:
For those who do scalp massages and foot massages, do you tell the client before hand? so that their not surprised

For those who do scalp massages and foot massages, do you tell the client before hand? so that their not surprised

Just boosting this thread to see if some lovely geek could answer my question :)

I always explain before the treatment during the consultation what the treatment envolves so if they have any questions they can be asked and can relax throughout the treatment without worrying what might happen

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Yes I tell them before hand, sometimes give them a choice, say either scalp mass,foot mass or hand and arm massage. Some clients don't want oil in there hair or their hair too messed up if they are going on to somewhere after their treatment.

I'm going to add the cold stones to the eyes
Thanks

Bumping this thread because I feel it's real inspirational, everything I do has been mentioned but I've taken alot of new ideas and I'm very grateful :)

Lots of lovely ideas here but like others I'm mobile so can't use some of them. I have heated gloves that I always use during facials, clients love them and their hands feel great after. I am going to look for a heated underblanket now as this sounds like a lovely touch.
Great thread.

We always suggest that our salons use a duvet rather than towels because the body temperature drops when we relax so your client needs to be kept warm. Also, a hot towel cabinet ensures your cleansers, toners, oils, mitts etc are kept nice a warm for your client!

Heated mitts / towels / muslin cloths for removal of products during facials.

I also like to end my facials or massages with tingsha bells. Gently advises the client that the treatment has ended.

At the end of my massages, I also like to lay a heated towl over my clients back. It is a divine end to a lovely treatment.

Great thread!

Some people have put down they add hot mitts to a facial.
To me, hot mitts are used in luxury manicures - are you talking of the same hot mitts?
Thanks

Latest posts

Back