Facials - advice needed on price list descriptions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sal

Reaction score
Hi geeks

I'm just in the process of compiling my price list to offer beauty treatments (I've now completed nvq beauty therapy level 2) but am getting all stressed out about facials. :eek:

Im going to use Hive of Beauty products and have tried to put together 4 different facials to offer, shown below. Beauty geeks - do you think they sound ok? Is is ok to only offer a massage in the luxury facial?

Quick Fix Facial £15.00
Cleanse, deep cleanse, exfoliation, tone & moisturise

Deep Cleansing Facial £22.00
Cleanse, deep cleanse, exfoliation, hot towels, extraction, purifying mask, tone & moisturise

Soothing Facial £22.00
Cleanse, deep cleanse, exfoliation, hot towels, moisturising mask, tone & moisturise

Luxury Facial £30.00
Cleanse, deep cleanse, exfoliation, hot towels, facial massage, mask, tone & moisturise

All advice gratefully received!!!!!

why not give the client the option of a massage or a mask with your middle 2 - my experience is that clients like to have a massage with their facial, just gives the client more choice.

They sound Ok to me chic. With my luxury facial I give them a hand and arm, face and scalp massage and then a foot masssge that starte with a foot cleanse using hot towels.

oey said:
why not give the client the option of a massage or a mask with your middle 2 - my experience is that clients like to have a massage with their facial, just gives the client more choice.

I do a massage with all facial except the mini. Your right clients seems to really like this.

When you list something that you are trying to sell you should offer features and benefits ie purifing mask with xyz ingredients that help to reduce excess sebum, reducing excess oiliness and spots, that sort of thing. I jsu think you need to pad it out a bit so that clients think, wow I'm gonna have some of that, but then it depends how much room you have on your price list.

Also I give timings as this is a great indicator of why they should upgrade to the "luxurious super duper all singing all dancing most expensive facial" ... we all love a mega pamer after all!

Something to consider would also be how long will you use Hive products for ?
If you are going to use it short term then you might want to consider lowering the prices of your last two facials, if you are planning to upgrade at a later date to one of the brands which you have to shell out ££££'s then naturally you would increase your prices to reflect your brand & your costs.

For example i use Ahava products and charge £25 for my most luxurious facial the reason being when i can upgrade to a range like Dermalogica or Nimue i would increase my prices to at least £30 - £35, if i were to charge that now i expect i would probably have less business as you can get a Dermalogica facial starting at £30 around here so from a clients point of view would i rather have a facial with a very well known brand than with one that i had not heard of before both at the same price ? - Hope that makes sense !

they seem fine to me what about adding parafin wax this helps with ageing fine lines and wrinkles
jenny

Ok, thanks guys for your advice. I've used your advice to make amendments, please let me know what you think. Do you think I am correct to describe the last facial at Rejuvenating?

Quick Fix Facial (30 mins) £15.00
Cleanse, deep cleanse, exfoliation, tone & moisturise to give a fresh, healthy & radiant look

Deep Cleansing Facial (1 hour 10 mins) £20.00
Cleanse, deep cleanse, exfoliation, hot towels, extraction, facial massage, purifying mask (contains Aloe Vera Gel, Natural Clay and Sea Extracts to clear impurities from the pores leaving the skin soft & supple), tone & moisturise

Rejuvenating Facial (1 hour 10 mins) £20.00
Cleanse, deep cleanse, exfoliation, hot towels, facial massage, moisturising mask (contains Aloe Vera Gel, Rose Oil and Cucumber Extract to moisturise deeply without aggravating the skin), tone & moisturise

Sally, I would list only 2 facials - the Luxury Facial and a Quick Fix.

You as the professional are trained to conduct a full consultation, analyze skin types/conditions and prescribe the treatment/products needed. Clients skin problems are not always as clear as they seem. Their skin type can be masked by the products they are currently using and they can be causing skin conditions. i.e Client thinks she has dry skin but this is being caused by using harsh products which are stripping her skin. Many clients fancy having a facial becuase they dont know the first thing about skincare and they dont know what skin type they have. By giving them the choice it makes it a daunting experiance and they often dont like to admit they dont know what type of treatment they need which can put them off booking. Make it a no brainer for them - you advise your clients on what they need.

How about something along these lines for your Luxury Facial description?

A luxurious treatment for the ultimate in relaxation.
Starting with consultation and full skin analysis to ensure a professional facial individually tailored for your skin type and condition.
Includes exfoliation, steam towels, face/neck/shoulder massage and mask as appropriate.

You could then give a brief description of the different ranges with in the skin care line you are using. I have no experiance of Hive but have cut & paste from your post to give a rough idea ~

Purifying ~ contains Aloe Vera Gel, Natural Clay and Sea Extracts to clarify.

Moisturising ~ contains Aloe Vera Gel, Rose Oil and Cucumber Extract to intensly moisturise.

HTH
KxXx

That is brill advice, thanks Nemotail.

It had crossed my mind about using the correct product for a clients skin type but I was very unsure how to incorporate this into my treatment offers and explain it on my price list.

I'll amend again and put it up here.

Glad it was of help Sally, sometimes we over explain treatments which can intimidate potential clients. We often forget they dont all speak the same language we were taught.
Good luck with your new price list!
KxXx

Latest posts

Back