Facials and waxing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

M00min

Reaction score
Hi guys

I've just been contacted by a lady wanting a brow and lip wax and a facial in the same appointment. Now, I wouldn't want to do the facial after the wax for obvious reasons - and the last thing I would want after a relaxing facial is a wax and I'm worried that the lotions and potions of the facial, followed by a wax just won't be great for her skin.

Your thoughts please! My mobile business is quite new, so while I'm confident doing all my treatments, every so often I get a combination of treatments that throws me!

Thanks x

You definately shouldn't do a facial after waxing. Her hair follicles will be open and will sting her, probably go red and blotchy, or even infected (worst case scenario).

I would do the facial and then the waxing. The only other option would be to wax and wait a couple of days to do her facial.

xxXxx

Hi PinkBlonde - thanks for replying.

Yes - I think I'm going to recommend she splits it over two appointments if that's not a problem for her. She wants a mani too so I'd do that while the wax is warming one day, then the facial another time.

The other issue is time - she wants all this after 8pm on a weekday so I don't want to be there all night lol.

If you had more time you could do the facial, then waxing, then manicure so you could finish with a nice hand & arm massage. But if its all after 8 then yer, you will be there very late!! Lol :)

It can be difficult so work out what order to do treatments in, but if you explain to her why you don't want to do them both together, she will probably remember to book them seperately next time, and will be happy that you are thinking of the quality of her experience with you aswell as health & safety of treatments :)

Thanks PinkBlonde! I'll go back to her now x

:)I know it goes againts what we were trained to do, and the fact of torture after a lovely facial:), but people want convenience now and would rather have everything done at the same time to save having to make another apointment, i would do it or she could get it somewhere else!! . She will re-book you thinking how easy that was to have it all done !

:)I know it goes againts what we were trained to do, and the fact of torture after a lovely facial:), but people want convenience now and would rather have everything done at the same time to save having to make another apointment, i would do it or she could get it somewhere else!! . She will re-book you thinking how easy that was to have it all done !

Thanks Handbagqueen. I haven't got hold of her yet so will see what she wants to do! I will explain the options and if it's pleasure and pain she's after at the same time will just have to hope that she doesn't break out afterwards! x

Thanks Handbagqueen. I haven't got hold of her yet so will see what she wants to do! I will explain the options and if it's pleasure and pain she's after at the same time will just have to hope that she doesn't break out afterwards! x
yea just remind her it could happen !! it covers you as well !!!

Yes, I would split the appointments as having waxing done straight after a facial could be too much stimulation for the skin and cause a reaction x

I agree! But who is stupid enough to book that?? :/

You can do both treatments together it is not uncommon, we don't exfoliate around the area to be waxed, (don't want the skin too stimulated). It's not something I would want though after a nice relaxing facial but clients do for some reason.

At least you can finish her off....not literally:green: with the manicure!

Latest posts

Back