'Facials that ruin your skin!' - article in Daily Mail

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm given to understand that perioral dermatitis is almost exclusively found in women of child bearing age and can be caused by several different factors, including inadvertent topical application of steroids, strong winds and UV exposure, some cosmetics, in particular foundation, even fluoridated toothpaste.
I think, but obviously I don't know your history, etc, that it was likely dormant before the treatment and the thinning of the skin precipitated an already present condition.

I'm given to understand that perioral dermatitis is almost exclusively found in women of child bearing age and can be caused by several different factors, including inadvertent topical application of steroids, strong winds and UV exposure, some cosmetics, in particular foundation, even fluoridated toothpaste.
I think, but obviously I don't know your history, etc, that it was likely dormant before the treatment and the thinning of the skin precipitated an already present condition.

hi Lynne thanks for the reply

I have used the same cosmetics for years, never would or used steriods on my face, always used the same toothpaste(which my dermatologist said is not the cause) and use that toothpaste now with no peri dermatisis the only different thing i had done was the micro dermabrasion, iv never had an issue since or before might just be a coincidence of course but i hadnt done anything different except that treatment:|

iv looked at the pictures of the model and i wouldnt say her face is ruined i would say shes lost a lot of weight and is older and it just shows in her face its not as plump and youthful, of course shes been in the sun too much too:confused: but shes just older and of course her lifestyle not the best

i wouldnt say these treatments ruin anyones face, sun smoking and not using creams would age a person.

i just had a bad reaction maybe to a certain treatment doesnt mean it would do the same to others as im sure thousands of micro dermabrasions are performed with no problems..]

i forgot to say i never let my face see the sun always use sun sense factor spf 50 on my face been using the same brand for years...:)

I had them weekly after recommendation form the brands trainer. I developed very sore ultra sensitive skin after a few sessions. Maybe a coincidence but my skin has never been the same since. I personally from that would not do them weekly but then again I'm sure most qualified therapists will thoroughly check the skin to see what it can tolerate.
Back to the article, this journalist, are they a therapist? Have they been trained on the skin? Have they been trained in skin and facial treatments? I doubt it do they are basin this article on one persons opinion. Things like this get people into a frenzy so clients question everything we do. It damages good salons, spas and therapists reputations and businesses.

Latest posts

Back