Facials with rose water

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Does anyone use rose water when doing a facial?

Not any more. Used it to mix the setting mask for sensitive skin , and for toning applications. Base ingredients used would have been kaolin or calamine or both to make the most suitable setting mask for the client.
Nothing wrong with it at all, I just have moved on from first using it.

thank you , It was just recommended to purchase for facials, but a facial full kit has everything you need so I just wondered why I would need it , I already have cleanser, toner moisturiser etc,

I used it for three years and four months ago, I just had a wild seep after it, I don’t know why, but the test results showed that I was allergic to it, that something had changed in the composition

thank you , It was just recommended to purchase for facials, but a facial full kit has everything you need so I just wondered why I would need it , I already have cleanser, toner moisturiser etc,

Which skin care set have you bought? If it has ready made masks in it then you won't need rose water as well. I am old school trained and had mask making as a part of the course and rose water/ witch hazel were the two binders for the powders.
They were quite messy, but moved on from them years ago.
The rose water issue from Howrdjns89 isn't something that I have ever experienced but just shows that patch testing is needed especially in our covid times.

I've just purchased a skin truth facial kit , and it has toner, cleanser, exfoliater, face mask And moisturiser so therefore then I don’t need it I guess.

Rosewater is often used as a toner to reduce puffiness of the eyes (cotton pads soaked in cold rose water), soothe sunburns, and keep the skin hydrated. You Will Need A few strands of saffron, ½ cup of rose water, A bottle.
Process:
• Soak the saffron strands in half a cup of rose water.
• Store the mixture in a bottle.
• Saturate a cotton pad with the mixture and dab it on your cleansed face.
• Let the rose water dry.

I used it for three years and four months ago, I just had a wild seep after it, I don’t know why, but the test results showed that I was allergic to it, that something had changed in the composition

I find this to be so interesting, I know we can develop allergies to just about anything so it's not absolutely shocking. I remember when I studied for my esthetics license, rosewater was constantly recommended for stimulated skin types and conditions. However, there is innately a *natural* fragrant element from the roses it's extracted from, which can bring a histamine reaction potentially. Like all things that grow, there can be various inconsistencies in the overall compounds as nature is not very uniform, every flower is slightly different.

I too used rose water in school and actually still use it as a fine mist to moisten my skin before applying skincare as the moisture adds a nice slip, allowing me to use less product and for it to spread more easily. I know the downsides of rosewater, so I guess I could simply buy purified water for this step instead but... old habits die hard.

I have seen people use various hydrosols in facials using mechanical facial atomisers (they look almost like watering cans), but more recently there have been loads of nano facial misters. You can add any hydrosol or purified water of your choosing. I find this attractive as I don't use steam for my facials and this is a great way to re-moisten the skin for extractions. May be worth a look...even if it simply adds another "cool" gizmo to your treatment.

Latest posts

Back