Facials with short acrylics?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hi everyone so I work as a nail technician I always like my nails to stand out in public and with my clients but I will be adding to my services eyebrows dermoplaning and facials, I know I won't be able to have long acrylic nails performing such services but would it be appropriate to have short ish acrylic nails with just maybe a nude or natural colour?

You’re the boss 🙂

I love having my extensions so I have them as normal for eg a party or whatever and then cut and file them if I get a massage or facial booking.

For a facial my hands are more fanned out and less pressure so a little longer than for massage (and in gloves)

For massage, I cut them right down so they are either in lime with the tip of my finger or with some space, so evry short but still they are only to stop me biting.

There’s no problem with nails for these services and you can wear colour if you choose. Back in the day we were expected to wear red nail polish for exams and we’d be checked to ensure it was still immaculate at the end.

It’s all about building your brand. If you want to move away from nails you might want to reinvent yourself as a short natural nail chick, but otherwise, I’d say rock your usual style.

if you are concerned about hygiene, wear gloves. With some products you have to wear gloves so it’s not weird. You need to scrub under your nails with a thoroughly washed and sanitised nail brush, but I’m sure you do this anyway.

I have been growing my nails out and wearing them longer (for my natural nails 😅) and almond since being off work for Covid shutdown.

This weekend I did a facial and found for me long was ok, with the exception of working around the eyes. They were a little awkward.

Afterwards I decided it would be safer to go with a sport length square since I have 2 more facials this week. But for sure I will let them grow the weeks I'm doing mani pedi only. Wearing gloves helps too.

Attachments

• IMG-20210718-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20210718-WA0000.jpg
    546.2 KB · Views: 20
Also I forgot. Yes, keep coloring your nails how you choose. They are your best advertising! I find clients will often just want what I have on. So if you want people to try different colors, shapes or nail artwear it yourself. I am often surprised which clients go out of their comfort zone. And makes consults/ picking a shade faster.

Latest posts

Back