faded to 7,0 to 8.03

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vicky2231

Reaction score
Hi, I have a client who has been growing out her colour to grey for about a year now. She was loreal majerel 7,0 all over colour as her hair is quite resistant. The last few inches have now faded to around an 8,03. Can anyone recommend a toner i could use on her hair to take away the last few bits of faded colour. I was thinking 8.11 did light but would love some advice. Her hair is to her shoulders.

Hi, I have a client who has been growing out her colour to grey for about a year now. She was loreal majerel 7,0 all over colour as her hair is quite resistant. The last few inches have now faded to around an 8,03. Can anyone recommend a toner i could use on her hair to take away the last few bits of faded colour. I was thinking 8.11 did light but would love some advice. Her hair is to her shoulders.
Ideally it will need to lightened first, a toner won't take away tint.
It will cool it down if you want to soften the gold. Ideally you need violet Ash.

Thank you so much for replying. I do just want to cool it down as it’s just the last little bit on the ends and I think that will blend enough as her goal is no colour in her hair at all. Would an 8.21 be better?

I'm the dreaded not-a-professional, wading in on a professional discussion. When I grew mine out I used Schwarzkopf Professional Igora Royal Silver Whites Dove Grey and Silver mixed (I thought the Dove Grey was a bit too dark).
I tried the Grey Lilac on a bit of my hair but found the lilac a bit too pink (I was using purple shampoo too, so it might've just been the combination made it too pink). The Dove Grey has a very slight blue tinge so it made the brassy bits of my hair ever so slightly green, but I don't think enough for anyone to notice, people just thought I went from blonde to grey overnight . With no colour, my hair is close to silver.
I found lots of the Schwarzkopf Silver Whites home products very helpful when growing it out too.

Latest posts

Back