Fading toner

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sunflower46

Reaction score
Hi , I highlighted & toned my lady's hair 2 weeks ago & she said it faded out after 2 shampoos . She's coming in tomorrow for me to reapply the toner , just wanted to make sure I've thought of everything. Apart from the usual , porous hair , home products used , previous colour used ( she colours roots in between having highlights done ) , but I've done it 3 or 4 times before & its normally OK, am I missing anything ? I used infiniti 8.01 &10.1 equal parts & 3 % .Was going to use convertor tomorrow as hair is porous . Her hair is a warm base 5. Any advice appreciated thanks

https://www.salongeek.com/threads/why-does-my-colour-fade-so-quickly.322324/
If her hair is porous, you need to reduce her expectations because nothing’s going to last very long on porous hair. It will just wash straight out. If she’s addicted to straightening it, you could show her the video in the link above, if that helps?
Thanks so much for that , its so interesting & well demonstrated, I will definitely show her . Out of interest , do you know what heat ghds are set at please ?(they're a few years old).

I think the earlier ghd’s were too hot (over 200°?) and didn’t have a temperature control, but the latest ones heat up to 180°.
Personally, I love my Cloud nine straighteners as they have a temperature control so you can turn it down for use on finer/fragile hair and I’d recommend the brand if you decide to upgrade yours.

Thanks very much

Latest posts

Back