Fainting in unusual situations.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Missy G

Reaction score
Hi all,
Ive been to the hairdressers today,i was watching another lady through the mirror having her extensions removed whilst i was having my hair done...the next thing i looked up she was out on the floor...she had fainted...in the process of fainting she had tin foil on all of her fingers.:!:

Well the last thing i see was the ambulance turning up ,and i was ready to go ,so i come away thinking i wondering if they took her away with the foils still on..(probly not but heh..i can wonder),i also said to my hairdresser when i left,...well atleast she wasnt havent her highlighted ..she might of been carted off with tin foil in her hair..lol.:)

On the subject I fainted a couple of years ago ,took my daughter to hospital when she cut her eye brow open.Me being the brave mum watching whilst she was having her stitches done...but before i knew it id flaked out on the floor,they pulled me up to do sum tests and then stuck me in a bed...ON THE CHILDRENS WARD...imagine the funny looks i got.:lol:

So today brought back memories for me,and id thought id just come on here and ask all you geeks if youve ever fainted in an awkward/unusual situation?:smack:

oh yes i fainted only the other week,very awkward situation, but ........i cant talk about it on here pmsl:lol::lol: use your imagination lol

but seriously i used to faint when i was pregnant, expecially in asda with the lights and heat, id be shopping for crisps and bread one minute and the next id be sitting on a chair in the frozen food aisle, (to cool me down) i became a regular , think i had my own chair rofl, used to get some strange looks lol

Just before i got diagnosed with graves disease...asda would bring on the old fainting fits.......the cashier asked if i was in my first trimester....i nodded i was so mortified i flaked out queuing in asda....

Whilst staying in Mexico City, I went to a museum with a group of people.

One minute I was standing there listening to the curator, the next I was flat out on the floor ..... I was later to discover that I was suffering from altitude sickness.

I fainted in the dentist (never been a fainter) when he put the injection in....I put it down to hormones, I'd recently had a baby and I think I was all up in the air (plus my dodgy tooth had given me so much grief all way through the pregnancy)......all I remember is him putting the hydraulics right back, almost tipping me upside down to get the blood back to my brain!

They must have wondered what was going on with the tin foiled fingers at the hospital!

I was 7 months pregnant and called to emergency as hubby had slipped at work and cut the artery in his wrist ( he's a butcher ).When I got to the hospital I took one look at him thought ohh and the next thing I was on a bed in the next cubicle :lol:.

I have only ever fainted once....that was at hairdressing school many years ago...(YTS...anyone remember those..:lol:) well it was after lunch and i just passed out cold...when i came too the teacher was sitting on the floor next to me...and asked all sorts of questions....after answering her she said..."its called starvation"...i had no breakfast...rushed with 2 bus rides over the other side of town...missed lunch cos i was to busy smoking outside with my mates and basically hadn't eaten for nearly 24 hours !!!

I have only ever fainted once....that was at hairdressing school many years ago...(YTS...anyone remember those..:lol:) well it was after lunch and i just passed out cold...when i came too the teacher was sitting on the floor next to me...and asked all sorts of questions....after answering her she said..."its called starvation"...i had no breakfast...rushed with 2 bus rides over the other side of town...missed lunch cos i was to busy smoking outside with my mates and basically hadn't eaten for nearly 24 hours !!!
YTS, I remember those - I used to sack the little buggers:).

I had a phase of fainting whilst lying down, don't laugh, I know what you are thinking, but I really did.
No reason was ever really identified.
It must have been my fragile constitution:green:

I went through a 'spell' of fainting when I was in school, I passed out down the stairs twice, then once in my lounge onto my Nan, knocking her on the head and smashing her glasses, once in the bath and then again when I was sitting at my desk in the classroom!

I had so many tests and things done, finally the docs came to the conclusion that I would 'grow out of it', cos me fainting was soooooo childish! lol!!

It was very embarassing though, since then I have only ever passed out a few times, so I think I really did grow out of it!
xxxx:green:

I went through a 'spell' of fainting when I was in school, I passed out down the stairs twice, then once in my lounge onto my Nan, knocking her on the head and smashing her glasses, once in the bath and then again when I was sitting at my desk in the classroom!

I had so many tests and things done, finally the docs came to the conclusion that I would 'grow out of it', cos me fainting was soooooo childish! lol!!

It was very embarassing though, since then I have only ever passed out a few times, so I think I really did grow out of it!
xxxx:green:

often fainting is caused by low blood pressure which can be bought on by dehydration.

I used to faint at school in every assembly...they just waited for the bang and carried me out every week in the end.:o

Not me, but my daughter.

She and her B/F were on a "mini cruise" to Holland. He was on the top bunk and must have twisted awkwardly as he hurt his neck and couldn't move for the pain. There was a nurse on board, so my dughter went up to the Purser's desk to ask for assistance. It must have been jumping out of bed, panicking about her b/f (whom she knows really doesn't feel pain - he once walked around for days with a broken leg) and running up the stairs, but one minute she was standing at the desk and the next thing she knew she was sitting over the other side of the foyer, with her back up against the wall, coming around from a faint being sick in a bucket. She must have staggered around before collapsing down. There was a man next to her saying "What have you taken? You need to tell me." It took a while for her to persuade him that it wasn't her that needed help. Not funny at the time, but she thinks it is really funny now.

BTW The nurse gave her b/f a jag and he was as right as rain the next day.

My friend fainted as she watched her sister's ears being pierced :rolleyes:

My friend fainted as she watched her sister's ears being pierced :rolleyes:

My friend fainted when she came to visit me in hospital..she said..what are those tubes...I said they are drains hun...
I'd had a reduction and next minute she almost on the floor bless her.
Mates...you gotta love them..even when you are falling out of your hospital bed trying to get them off the floor:lol:

Latest posts

Back