Fake £££. Do You Check Their Authenticity?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrs.Clooney

Positive Geek
Reaction score
I learned a valuable lesson this week; to always check whether a bank note is real or not! When I am paid in cash I always check that the correct value is handed over, but never before have I checked whether the notes are real or fake :rolleyes:.

I have a feeling the £10 note in question was innocently handed over by one of my customers last Friday (I definitely don't think she knew it was fake). It does have what appears to be a silver strip in it and a watermark, but the silver seal is missing and the beard is different to other £10 notes. Embarrassingly this was pointed out to me when I tried to use the money:o.

I'm not going to make this mistake again, so let this please be a caution to those who don't check the authenticity of their earnings. How many of you geeks have made this mistake and how many of you are meticulous about checking?

I learned a valuable lesson this week; to always check whether a bank note is real or not! When I am paid in cash I always check that the correct value is handed over, but never before have I checked whether the notes are real or fake :rolleyes:.

I have a feeling the £10 note in question was innocently handed over by one of my customers last Friday (I definitely don't think she knew it was fake). It does have what appears to be a silver strip in it and a watermark, but the silver seal is missing and the beard is different to other £10 notes. Embarrassingly this was pointed out to me when I tried to use the money:o.

I'm not going to make this mistake again, so let this please be a caution to those who don't check the authenticity of their earnings. How many of you geeks have made this mistake and how many of you are meticulous about checking?

Have got to say i never check either - im too trusting. you can buy money checker pens - you scrible with then on the watermark if its translucent it ait real but if you can see the scribble mark its a forged one xx

I never check either - I am too trusting for my own good.....

Tracey, get your note checked by your bank to be sure.....

Good advise, something else to think about!

I'm not trusting At all, I always check (even when its a friend of family!):lol: I think it comes from when I used to run pubs, we used to get loads of fakes...im pretty good at spotting one now.:green:

I have to admit I never check to see if they are real. Maybe from now on I will. Thanks for the Tip Off

No I never check either, and a fiver was taken out of our takings not too long ago by the HSBC, when MIL went to pay them in.

I never check and i have one of them light things but dont know how to use it, it was given to me as a gift

I never check money either, I think I'd feel a bit awkward holding it up to light, I may get myself a pen though, I'd feel more comfortable with that.

Mind you, if I was given a fake note it may make me think differently!!!!

Teri x:hug:

I should check, but guess most don't. :eek: Where can you get the pens from as I'll get a couple. Bit more discrete than holding it up to the light, lol!!

You can buy uv lights that help you to check - all notes have a harlequin like 5, 10 or 20 that only shows under the uv light - not quite as obvious as holding it up to the light if you have the light under your reception desk. You can also get portable ones!!

I would always check - I used to run pubs too so know how many fakes there are!!

You can get them for around £20 - would make its money back in just one dodgy twenty!!

Found some here:
Fake Note Detectors from Primemark

Latest posts

Back