Fake Bake account...what a load of hassle!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kylieb

Reaction score
Hi geeks can someone here help me here.
I only want to be able to get the Fake Bake original cream tan for trade price as I have clients that have it as a treatment and i'm paying full wack for a little bottle.

I have emailed Fake Bake who have sent me an application form and for goodness sake!! They want me to include headed note paper, registered address, a bank reference and a copy of a utility bill with my companies name on. What for??????

So my question is are there any other suppliers that can supply me this cream without all of this hassle?

Thank you geeks

xxx

ohhh im in same boat,,,lol it's a joke x

ohhh im in same boat,,,lol it's a joke x

Why are they the only tanning company doing this? They have some weird ways of running their company!!!
x

It is the same as sweetsquared wanting pro people only no?

They want to check that you are a bona fide trader before they give you a trade credit account. They are going to send you out goods then invoice you, so want to know that you are who you say and your address is correct.

As the price of trade credit insurance goes up, expect companies to become more stringent.

Hi geeks can someone here help me here.
I only want to be able to get the Fake Bake original cream tan for trade price as I have clients that have it as a treatment and i'm paying full wack for a little bottle.

I have emailed Fake Bake who have sent me an application form and for goodness sake!! They want me to include headed note paper, registered address, a bank reference and a copy of a utility bill with my companies name on. What for??????

So my question is are there any other suppliers that can supply me this cream without all of this hassle?

Thank you geeks

xxx

Although very frustrating, I can understand the company point here. How peeved would we all be if our suppliers let anybody buy at trade price. We would never be able to retail lol
I do understand though as I wanted to get the st tropez cream, simply for manual tan application/exfoliation treatments and they wanted me to buy the whole retail range. Hope someone can help you x

I had a rep approach me (i've just rummaged to find his leaflet) and he sells Diva,beach bronze,caliofrnia tan,su-do, sun laboratories,creative tan, sienna x, sol glo,white to brown,bali sun,sun jumkie, tanny max, urban tan,coco bay, amber sun, but unfortunately no fake bake lol (although i will ring him and see if he can get this)...All his prices are trade, and he was looking for reps to sell all his products, he sells loads of other salon products too which i know he sells to wholesalers so if anyone is interested i can give you more details, think he is based in yorkshire , can't remember how much comission he gave but i'm sure it was quite good....anyway will ring them and see if they can get fake bake for you...you never know

I didnt have to do any of this with Fake Bake. Just had the rep come over for an appointment and signed up with an opening order. I think they asked me for my company number x

Yer im the same i got the application form but havent filled it in yet. I dont have any headed paper and im mobile so dont have a utility bill so does this mean i cannot get an acount? I understand why they do this but i think its alot to ask for to prove your a professional. Also does anyone know if they are going to beauty uk at NEC next week? and if you can buy from them there if you dont have an account? xx

I can COMPLETELY understand them making sure you are who you say you are. You cant really compare this to sweet squared as they want to see your certificate to prove you are a professional. Which I did prove easily and hassle free.
I don't want credit from Fake Bake I pay for everything upfront. Surely they will just lose custom like this!

I had a rep approach me (i've just rummaged to find his leaflet) and he sells Diva,beach bronze,caliofrnia tan,su-do, sun laboratories,creative tan, sienna x, sol glo,white to brown,bali sun,sun jumkie, tanny max, urban tan,coco bay, amber sun, but unfortunately no fake bake lol (although i will ring him and see if he can get this)...All his prices are trade, and he was looking for reps to sell all his products, he sells loads of other salon products too which i know he sells to wholesalers so if anyone is interested i can give you more details, think he is based in yorkshire , can't remember how much comission he gave but i'm sure it was quite good....anyway will ring them and see if they can get fake bake for you...you never know

Oh please pm me the details huni!! xxx

I didnt have to do any of this with Fake Bake. Just had the rep come over for an appointment and signed up with an opening order. I think they asked me for my company number x

Maybe because they came to your salon? So they could see you wernt lying? xxx

Yer im the same i got the application form but havent filled it in yet. I dont have any headed paper and im mobile so dont have a utility bill so does this mean i cannot get an acount? I understand why they do this but i think its alot to ask for to prove your a professional. Also does anyone know if they are going to beauty uk at NEC next week? and if you can buy from them there if you dont have an account? xx

Well they have an opening package for 'mobile therapists' so this is what I am wondering as I dont have all this headed note paper and utility bills with my business name on it either. Surely by having a package esp for a 'mobile Therapist' they would know this?
I know you used to be able to by it from the beauty shows. God knows what evidence you will need to take with you to buy it though ha ha xxx

It is the same as sweetsquared wanting pro people only no?

I agree. sort of we could send our certs etc,, with doing acrylic or gel there is a bigg dif in the chemistry of the products so s2 want to ensure there techs know what they are doing, with tanning the chemistry is sorta the same you cant get ur mix ratio wrong?

They want to check that you are a bona fide trader before they give you a trade credit account. They are going to send you out goods then invoice you, so want to know that you are who you say and your address is correct.

As the price of trade credit insurance goes up, expect companies to become more stringent.

I agree. sort of we could send our certs etc, to them but they want us to spend xxx amount before purchase and brand ourselves st tropez and fake bake both do this,,,,,mmmmm s2 dont do this. With doing acrylic or gel there is a bigg dif in the chemistry of the products so s2 want to ensure there techs know what they are doing, with tanning the chemistry is sorta the same you cant get ur mix ratio wrong?

HiI am a mobile therapist and have just opened an account with Fake Bake, they sent me an application form and asked for the same things, utility bill, bank reference etc etc, i sent them headed paper that i made up on the computer myself and that was it. I heard nothing for a few weeks then phoned them and yes an account had been opened, they don't usually send any letters confirming details like acc no. they just phone you with info. I would just try sending application anyway. Hope this helps.:D

I had similar problems! They were trying to get me to spend £500 for an opening order when i was mobile at the time and all i needed was the 3 step in salon size so i wasn't willing to buy loads of products that would be wasted.

Millenium nails in Gateshead also stock fake bake to sell Millennium Nails I think thats the website

I really dont understand your issue with this company looking for some information about you before they sell their product to you at Trade prices?
Whats the big problem? If you are going to be a regular customer and avail of their product and service,i think you should respect their requests. Lori and Gina Ballerina told how simple it is to get an account as a mobile Pro.
What are you afraid of?

One of the last posters Stirky i think has said you can buy all sorts of tans from some distributor they know.Except the tan you want!
If its so easy,to buy Pro Product,as has been said,whats to stop this distributor selling to your customers ?And cut you out of the picture altogether?
The paperwork that they are looking for would take you all of 5 mins surely.It has to be worth it as Fake Bake has a great reputation.

Last edited:
In my quest to find a dark dancing solution I have asked for a fake bake sample. It took absolutely ages to come (about 3 weeks) and finally came today. Their information came 3 weeks before the actual samples and told you all about the products and how they worked etc, about setting up a mobile account and things like this but what they omitted and is a big deal to me especially as I am mobile and that is the cost. If the bottles are out of my price range it is pointless even sampling them! I have been into millenium nails and you can buy it wholesale there and so I know how much they charge but have no idea if this is the cost if I bought it direct. Can someone please pm me and tell me how much it is a litre getting it direct from fake bake. or post here if it is allowed.

Many thanks

Last edited:
Geek commandment no. 2

2 - Thou shalt not use thy forum to troll.
This is not the place to bitch and moan about proper nouns (i.e. People or companies). That doesn't mean that you can't debate, question or raise a valid point. It means that I don't want to see threads about how x sucks. See this article on constructively trolling to complain in a constructive way.

Geek Commandment no. 3!

3 - Thou shalt Private Message if thy post is for one person.
Posts like 'hey sally, give me a buzz' is like texting 10,000 people in hopes that one of them will be the person you are trying to talk to. If your message is for 1 person, PM it. If its for more, post it!

hi

i cant remember having to do this when i set up but i'm sure i read it on the application form but didn't supply it. i was paying for it straight away and it wasn't going onto an account so that might be why i never had to provide headed paper etc

I registered as a mobile therapist and didnt have to send any headed notepaper etc just signed stuff they sent out to my home address. This was a couple of years ago now so maybe their policies have changed? Try doing it online maybe? x

Latest posts

Back