Fake Bake Going Green

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saree

Reaction score
I have been spray tanning for about 5 years and use Bali Sun. I have recently also introduced Fake Bake to my clients. I spray tanned my mum twice now with the Fake Bake Original and after a couple of hours she went green across her stomach (as in very green). I asked her if she had any products on at all and she said no. On the second occassion I made sure she exfoliated properly and that she definately didnt have any products on and she still went green across her stomach???? I am baffled by this?? The other thing is that on both occassions once I finished tanning her the tan looked fantastic and very brown but once washed away there was hardly any tan left?? She tans lovely with Bali Sun so was looking for any advise??

I was also spray tanned with Fake Bake Darker solution and went very black once spray tanned and again when I washed after 8 hours there was hardly any tan on me. I went from being really dark to hardly anything. Does anyone else find this with Fake Bake????

Hi

I've done the fake bake lotion training. I was told that if the product was green it was off.

I've had the product go green before but it had been opened and unused for nearly a year. I used that on myself and still got a tan, but it only lasted a day or so.

Could your products be off? If not maybe you've got a dodgy batch.

When I went green it was as I was applying it not like your mum where it was a couple hours after. I was expecting it to go green though as I knew it was off

Hi I agree with the above post - it sounds like the products have gone off. I use fake bake and the results are not green! However maybe you are better suited to other products, the PH of some products previously used and that of some peoples skin types may have an effect. Don't forget that you can use the FB scrub beforehand. :hug:

Thanks for the quick reply. The solution has only just been purchased from Fake Bake and was also sealed and yes she did go green literally a couple of hours after being sprayed.

Do you also find people go really dark when sprayed and then when they wash the colour is just a hint of colour. I am finding that the colour fades quite substantially which has made me lose faith in this product?? Dont get me wrong the colour looks fantastic when first applied it just doesnt stay that way??????

Hi If the solution is new try giving it a good shake before use. I did not use the FB spray, I used Sunspa. The colour guide is just that and the tan reacts with the persons natural skin tones - however it may be that they are using alkaline based soaps and washes which strip the tan.:lol:

I would maybe contact Fake Bake. It maybe is a bad batch

If the product is off you would see it straight away but that is with the lotion. I've never worked with the spray so maybe that takes a bit of time to show up if its off

I remember from my training there was about 20 of us in the room, we were all different colours from the person next to us but all ended up with a good tan the next day

oh yeah, another thing. Does your mum use Dove?

Fake Bake dont do research into products that can fad their tan but a lot of Dove users has said it fads the tan

Hi,

We use Fake Bake all the time in our Salon and it is very Popular,only time we have problems with green is if someone hasnt removed perfume or deodorant properly and even in that case it washes off with the colour guide.

We advise people to leave the tan on over night and lightly rinse the colour guide off in the morning.

I would definatly call Fake Bake and ask for a replacement bottle as the only time we've had a problem is when the product is past its best (normally after 10 months)

The green in the tan i was told was to neutralise any orange tones,but it normally shows when product has gone off!

I have been spray tanning for about 5 years and use Bali Sun. I have recently also introduced Fake Bake to my clients. I spray tanned my mum twice now with the Fake Bake Original and after a couple of hours she went green across her stomach (as in very green). I asked her if she had any products on at all and she said no. On the second occassion I made sure she exfoliated properly and that she definately didnt have any products on and she still went green across her stomach???? I am baffled by this?? The other thing is that on both occassions once I finished tanning her the tan looked fantastic and very brown but once washed away there was hardly any tan left?? She tans lovely with Bali Sun so was looking for any advise??

I was also spray tanned with Fake Bake Darker solution and went very black once spray tanned and again when I washed after 8 hours there was hardly any tan on me. I went from being really dark to hardly anything. Does anyone else find this with Fake Bake????

I am no speciolist on the formulation ingrediances of Fake Bake...but I am not entirley convinced this liquid has gone off....if it had then the entire body would have a problem..not just the tummy area which makes me suspect it is a specific problem with your mum.???

The green is not nessesarily a sign the liquid has gone off at all...different manufacturers use different colour bases...most use red but some use green..red is used for darker tans whilst green is generally used for lighter tan bases.
On the tan looking less after the shower this is simply the initial colour guide washing off so nothing to worry about there.

Hoping this helps :hug:

saree you arent the only one who has had this problem ,fake bake goes on very dark and yes the tan just washes off but most of my clients have had this product both original and dark and i have had the same problem with it washing off i emailed fake bake 2months ago and guess what i got NO REPLY WHAT SO EVER THATS not very good is it? its us that has to explain to the clients not them i am not amused with fake bake at all i do have a copy of the email i sent them but yet again still havent heard a thing i wont be using this product or wasting my money again unless i get samples 1st good luck hope you can try another product just like i have and one im very happy with .

Hi Guys i to had problems with Fake Bake too,
I had customers complaining it brought them out in welts and made their skin itch, also i found that on occasions it would turn green, apparently this is something to do with the bronzing agent, also i have been told that, Fake Bake have been recalled from boots stores due to quality control issues.

Though i must tell u i was contacted by a lovely girl called cherith a month or two back, who was from a company called Vita Liberata, they told me about their tanning range, which apparently was odourless organic and paraben free. they also have an A list following of celebs from the X Factor to Jude Law and Sienna Miller.

So i asked her to send me down some samples, and i must say its the most amazing tan i have ever used in my salon, My clients just love it... it dries so quickly and does not smell, and has an amazing colour.

check them out at http://www.vitaliberata.co.uk

Hi Guys i to had problems with Fake Bake too,
I had customers complaining it brought them out in welts and made their skin itch, also i found that on occasions it would turn green, apparently this is something to do with the bronzing agent, also i have been told that, Fake Bake have been recalled from boots stores due to quality control issues.

Though i must tell u i was contacted by a lovely girl called cherith a month or two back, who was from a company called Vita Liberata, they told me about their tanning range, which apparently was odourless organic and paraben free. they also have an A list following of celebs from the X Factor to Jude Law and Sienna Miller.

So i asked her to send me down some samples, and i must say its the most amazing tan i have ever used in my salon, My clients just love it... it dries so quickly and does not smell, and has an amazing colour.

check them out at http://www.vitaliberata.co.uk

Delete this post......... A new user comes on, digs an old post up, slags a company (a good company) and post a link....get a grip. FAKE

I would never use this link company now!

EVER

SU x

hey

i ive been tanning for a few years now and have always used fake bake.

This happened to me a couple of days ago with my mum. it was just her shins that went green. they went green the next morning after she washed it off.
again she had no products on but when she washed in the shower the next morning i think it was the product she was using to wash with? It was body shop showergel.

only just opend the bottle 2 weeks before and no one else went green. so i dnt think the bottle was off. maybe the lid wernt on properly?

Katie x

I also had a problem with Fake Bake. I currently use Su-do but wanted to compare with Fake Bake.

so last week i tanned one client with su-do and one with Fake Bake. They were both left on overnight and were advised as usual not to use soap when showering.

However when i saw them the following day i have to say i was really disappionted with the result of Fake Bake. she looked like she'd lnever been tanned at all, it was so disappointing. I wouldn't feel happy with this result if i were a client and would be returning to the salon for an explaination. However as usual Su-do turned out beautiful.

I tried Fake Bake because it is so popular in salons in my area and wanted to see what all the hype was about and comapre with my own. I would have changed if the results were better than Su-do but htey weren't so needless to say i wont be changing.

on your other point a couple of emplyees in our salon tried the rub on Fake bake and that went green. It was horrendous!!

the tans i would recommend to you to try are Su-do and Tantrick, in my opinion they are both excellent products and woulkd be happy using either in our salon.

Fake Bake :sad:

Latest posts

Back