Fake bake have delivered!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
I've just had my order from fake bake I'm sooooo happy!!
It's only been 5 weeks!
I'm not sure whether to give them another shot as I've just lost our area rep as she has left now and she's not sure if they r replacing her!

I've just had my order from fake bake I'm sooooo happy!!
It's only been 5 weeks!
I'm not sure whether to give them another shot as I've just lost our area rep as she has left now and she's not sure if they r replacing her!

Congrats!!! Only another 4 weeks 5 days for mine then!!! Haha

well at last someone who has recieved a fake bake order. Can i ask if it was retail/solutions etc or it it was equipment as i was told yesterday it would be the week of the 16th :irked:

A supplier has made you wait 5 weeks for an order, and countless others are reporting delays.

I would drop them very quickly and switch to another brand! No matter how much you like the product if you don't have it available when you need it you will loose clients and money! Not worth the stress ... find a supplier that cares about its therapists.

Mat

well after 5 weeks my solution has arrived just this second :lol: just got to wait for the pod etc :)

So Geeks your solution must be on its way as thats two deliveries today in the midlands !!

iv just got mine too, solution. yey!! finally!!

Hope you've got the next order in ready ;)

A supplier has made you wait 5 weeks for an order, and countless others are reporting delays.

I would drop them very quickly and switch to another brand! No matter how much you like the product if you don't have it available when you need it you will loose clients and money! Not worth the stress ... find a supplier that cares about its therapists.

Mat

Hey .. having been there myself as a supplier when we had the horrendous Shellac shortage in 2010, I can assure you it wasn't about us not caring!! No fozzy it definitely was not about us not caring.

We understood that we lost business in that time due to shortages for more than 6 months and it was horrendous for all of us! Many customers tried alternate brands in that time and in may cases it turned out to be a really good thing as they preferred Shellac when they compared, but I would never want to go through that time again. Thankfully those dark days are behind us but it did take a long time just due to the unforeseen world wide demand for Shellac.

So I feel for the Fake Bake people having all this negative exposure publicly and I hope it all comes right for them whatever reason it has happened ... it does not mean that as suppliers they don't care; it may be something that is out of their control completely like it was with us. A supplier's nightmare. I'm sure if Fake Bake have loyal customers they will hopefully be happy now that things are righting themselves.

CND communicated their problems and tried to manage it! S2 only sold products when they had them in stock. I think the big failing here has been communication ... hopefully they will learn from this now.

Good luck to them ... they are clearly doing something right to get to where they are.

I think it would be fair to say that it's not so much the promises and failure to supply that is the overall problem (with respect to those who have ordered and waited..) it's more the fact that they seem to do this on a very regular basis!:eek: As a major player in the tanning market, greater things should be expected from them if they expect to please and keep their long suffering customers! Just my opinion...xx

I think it would be fair to say that it's not so much the promises and failure to supply that is the overall problem (with respect to those who have ordered and waited..) it's more the fact that they seem to do this on a very regular basis!:eek: As a major player in the tanning market, greater things should be expected from them if they expect to please and keep their long suffering customers! Just my opinion...xx

I totally agree, I have had this problem soo many times and lost customers because of it! I think the fact they don't even inform you they are out of stock is awful and when you phone they don't have any info to provide you with in fact they can be quite rude! I've been moaning for quite a long time about this soo glad other people have highlighted this huge problem!

I actually find Fake Bake really easy to deal with, although I was worried they were going bust last week! Whenever I phoned, the girls have been honest and have explained about the stock being stuck in USA customs so I was never TOO worried about receiving my solution. She told me today that their warehouse men are working through the night to put the orders out so I'm looking forward to getting my solution very very soon! Will keep you updated:)

EXCITED!!!! Maybe my order will arrive this week then - been waiting since start of April; lets hope they have managed to solve whatever the problem was x

I think it's safe to say that we'll never find out the real reason behind all this kerfuffle.

Where do you order fake bake from? i looked on their website but they have no prices, im almost 100% going to go with Sienna x but need to have a look around xx

Where do you order fake bake from? i looked on their website but they have no prices, im almost 100% going to go with Sienna x but need to have a look around xx

If they only sell to qualified professionals, then their prices will not be displayed for all the world and your clients to be able to view!

You will probably have to register with them in order to view prices and have some sort of proof that you are trained ... that's how we do it at S2/CND anyway. We sell wholesale .. don't want any old hobbledy hoy looking and viewing our trade prices .. they are for the trade only.

Hi my work has been waiting 6 week on their order. The rep that comes to us told us that fake bake have had financial problems. On th 9th june my boss had to travel to thier warehouse to get our stock retail and solution. When she turned up there werent going to give her all of the stock that she had ordered

X

Sent from my GT-I5801 using SalonGeek

Hi my work has been waiting 6 week on their order. The rep that comes to us told us that fake bake have had financial problems. On th 9th june my boss had to travel to thier warehouse to get our stock retail and solution. When she turned up there werent going to give her all of the stock that she had ordered

X

Sent from my GT-I5801 using SalonGeek
Businesses go through hard times .. cash flow ... bad supply. How about thinking differently and instead of being so critical, think that maybe they wouldn't fulfill the whole wish list of your boss because they were trying to be fair to all their customers by rationing what they could to each customer?

I don't know this company .. I do not distribute spay tan solutions, but I do distribute to the industry .. I have been through difficult times over the years (name me anyone in business who hasn't been?). It is your choice to go somewhere else to shop but I think a little more empathy for a persons/company's plight, a little more understanding instead of public humiliation and spouting what is only hearsay to the www is a. not showing a very nice character, b. not very professional and c. just not right.

I know It's all about you and your business and you just want to get your goods, but you do have the choice to go elsewhere either for a while or forever for your solutions ... there is plenty of choice you are not going to go out of business.

I do feel the company should issue some sort of statement to their customers and they are welcome to do so here in this thread if anyone wants to inform them.

Latest posts

Back