Fake Bake respray but spots on leg hair follicles?!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 24313

Reaction score
Hi, i did a fake bake spray tan on a lady the other evening, she came back to the salon the other day and mentioned that her legs have little dark spots all over them where her hair follicles are.
She does shave her legs regularly but hadnt since the tan because she wanted to show me first.
She also mentioned that she hadnt yet moisturised since the tan.
She is having another spray on thursday evening, (a week since the first one) and will be shaving her legs before thursday ,has anyone come across this before, will more regular moisturisation after the tan help to blend the spots??

Thanks

Hi, i did a fake bake spray tan on a lady the other evening, she came back to the salon the other day and mentioned that her legs have little dark spots all over them where her hair follicles are.
She does shave her legs regularly but hadnt since the tan because she wanted to show me first.
She also mentioned that she hadnt yet moisturised since the tan.
She is having another spray on thursday evening, (a week since the first one) and will be shaving her legs before thursday ,has anyone come across this before, will more regular moisturisation after the tan help to blend the spots??

Thanks
Damaged hair follicles trough shaving or waxing and the application of a spray tan to early can result in the occurrence of this problem.

How long before her spray tan does she shave???

Damaged hair follicles trough shaving or waxing and the application of a spray tan to early can result in the occurrence of this problem.

How long before her spray tan does she shave???

I agree, sounds like she may have shaved/waxed close to the treatment time.

Make sure she carries out all hair removal at least 24 hours prior to the appointment

when i spoke to her about it when she came back she mentioned that she normally shaves her legs at least every other day because she cant stand hair regrowth,so at the latest she will have shaved her legs is the day before she had the spray tan.
she is coming back on thursday evening, and the tan is for a wedding she is bridesmaid at on the saturday, should i advise her not to shave her legs before thursday , or will her shaving her legs after the spray tan strip the colour from her skin?
Thanks for your help

when i spoke to her about it when she came back she mentioned that she normally shaves her legs at least every other day because she cant stand hair regrowth,so at the latest she will have shaved her legs is the day before she had the spray tan.
she is coming back on thursday evening, and the tan is for a wedding she is bridesmaid at on the saturday, should i advise her not to shave her legs before thursday , or will her shaving her legs after the spray tan strip the colour from her skin?
Thanks for your help

Shaving her legs after the spray tan may make the tan go a little streaky

However, if she usually has to shave every other day, she may be a little reluctant not to shave again before Thursday. Obviously, if she can get away with not shaving that would be ideal, but maybe ask her to shave at the latest Wednesday morning perhaps?

As Collin said previously, damaged hair follicles can have this affect, so if thats the case then there is very little you can do. Has she had a spray tan before with no problems? xx

the lady has had spray tan done but a very long time ago and she doesnt think it was fake bake.
she does normally apply her own selft tan every week and hasnt noticed this happen before.
i will strongly recommend she shaves her legs wednesday morning to help prevent this happen for saturday, thanks for your help

the lady has had spray tan done but a very long time ago and she doesnt think it was fake bake.

I very much doubt it would have anything to do with the brand that you use

Good luck for Thursday and let us know how you get on xx

The advise i give my clients for hair removal is 24 hrs if they shave and 48 hrs if they wax,
this give the pores time to close and prevents the brown spots hth

We all react to things in different ways and some of us take longer to heal than others....I would recommend that she doesnt shave for a minimum of 48 hrs before a spray tan application and waits a minimum of 48 hrs post spray tan application before shaving again.

Well worth a try....she may just be one of those individuals that takes longer than the norm to recover.

It might be that when she used the manual application method that the DHA % wasn't as high as the spray tan and that this application layered over the damaged follicle's whereas a spray tan is much more liquid in viscosity and is more likely to enter these areas than the manual applied tan??????

Hi, just a thought ?, I know you can't get close enough to inspect, but maybe she has had a problem with orange peel effect on her skin in the past ? it normally effects the tops of thighs, buttocks and upper arms, a lot of girls/women get it.

I used to have this when I was younger, but over the years the condition has , lets say flattened out, but I had the same problem with spray tans, not very bad though, you would have to get close to notice it.. and I moisturised well too and shaved about 2 days prior hth :)

The spots were all over her legs, literally from ankle to above her knee, which is where she stops shaving so i know its caused by shaving, i have asked her to shave her legs at the latest on Tuesday evening and hopefully this will prevent it from happening. Its so difficult getting clients to follow your pre-care advice, i still get ladies who turn up for a spray tan with deodrant and perfume on,even if they have had spray tan before!
At least i know for the future!

Thanks for your help.

Latest posts

Back