Fake Bake training & 60 Minute tan review

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wonda

Reaction score
I did my Fake Bake training a couple of days ago & thought i'd post up a review in case anyone was thinking about doing it. Also a quick review of the new 60 minute tan they have.

Training:
There was 6 people on the course, a lot of information on the products that they sell, which i think would be more beneficial to those with a salon rather than a room of trainee mobile therapists, but was still very interesting to see just how many products they sell.
I think personally, i'd only be offering the moisturisers in cream & spray form to my clients (when i start) to prolong their tans/produce an even fade rather than more tanning products but will see how things go.

The practical part of the training was interesting, i went with the flow as to what to wear during the spraying process, but think it would have been better to have done it on someone topless cause would have thought my clients would want that, but no one took their bras off so i didnt !!

But note to anyone about to do the course ..... keep your sticky feet on while in the tan training room, not just when your having your tan cause otherwise you end up with black soles due to all the overspray floating about in the room !!

There was no pressure on buying the kit or any of the products but i bought one of their starter kits, was going to get it at the show but was told the kits at the show would not be reduced in price, only VAT free products.

60 Minute Tan:
I opted for the 60 minute tan due to having Yoga that evening, otherwise i'd have preferred the darker option to see just how dark it goes on someone who is very, very pale.

I dont know if it was the other student who couldnt get the hang of the gun, or a faulty gun or not enough spray in it, but either way when it was being applied the colour guide was very light (even on milk-bottle me), some sections i could feel & see the spray going on, other parts i didnt.

So the tutor went over my lower body with Original & you could easily see a colour difference between the 2 sprays.

When i got home & finally washed the tan off, i wasnt impressed with the 60 minute, i couldnt have gone out that evening with a strappy dress or sleeveless outfit, but thankfully i only had yoga .... with black feet !!

However, the morning after was a different story, the tan had developed more & i can say i'd be happy to have a night on the town showing off my tanned shoulders & legs.

So for me, i'd happily sell the 60 minute tan to someone who didnt have the time or want to sit around/sleep in tanning solution for 6-8 hours but do it the day before they want to show off their sunkissed skin.

Hope this has been help to anyone & here's a photo of my review of the tan.

FakeBake60minutetan_zps5303ec55.jpg

Last edited:
I did my Fake Bake training a couple of days ago & thought i'd post up a review in case anyone was thinking about doing it. Also a quick review of the new 60 minute tan they have.

Training:
There was 6 people on the course, a lot of information on the products that they sell, which i think would be more beneficial to those with a salon rather than a room of trainee mobile therapists, but was still very interesting to see just how many products they sell.
I think personally, i'd only be offering the moisturisers in cream & spray form to my clients (when i start) to prolong their tans/produce an even fade rather than more tanning products but will see how things go.

The practical part of the training was interesting, i went with the flow as to what to wear during the spraying process, but think it would have been better to have done it on someone topless cause would have thought my clients would want that, but no one took their bras off so i didnt !!

But note to anyone about to do the course ..... keep your sticky feet on while in the tan training room, not just when your having your tan cause otherwise you end up with black soles due to all the overspray floating about in the room !!

There was no pressure on buying the kit or any of the products but i bought one of their starter kits, was going to get it at the show but was told the kits at the show would not be reduced in price, only VAT free products.

60 Minute Tan:
I opted for the 60 minute tan due to having Yoga that evening, otherwise i'd have preferred the darker option to see just how dark it goes on someone who is very, very pale.

I dont know if it was the other student who couldnt get the hang of the gun, or a faulty gun or not enough spray in it, but either way when it was being applied the colour guide was very light (even on milk-bottle me), some sections i could feel & see the spray going on, other parts i didnt.

So the tutor went over my lower body with Original & you could easily see a colour difference between the 2 sprays.

When i got home & finally washed the tan off, i wasnt impressed with the 60 minute, i couldnt have gone out that evening with a strappy dress or sleeveless outfit, but thankfully i only had yoga .... with black feet !!

However, the morning after was a different story, the tan had developed more & i can say i'd be happy to have a night on the town showing off my tanned shoulders & legs.

So for me, i'd happily sell the 60 minute tan to someone who didnt have the time or want to sit around/sleep in tanning solution for 6-8 hours but do it the day before they want to show off their sunkissed skin.

Hope this has been help to anyone & here's a photo of my review of the tan.

Sorry for the big picture, have tried to make it smaller but it's not having it :o

FakeBake60minutetan_zps5bd0ff13.jpg

Interesting post. Totally different to my Nouvatan training which was very intimate (just me, the trainer and my model!). I can't see the picture as it won't enlarge? x

The picture is either tiny or huge, cant get it a normal size for you lovely ladies & don't want my backside filling your screen !!!!!

Latest posts

Back