Fake bookings-how can I stop it!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

missbad

Reaction score
Hi ladies I have posted a similar post but I think I put it on the wrong thread.

It has come to my attention that a few nail techs in the area have been getting people to book in with me and then cancel.

They then say sorry and can they re-arrange which then again they either cancel or don't turn up.

I have lost a lot of money and was wondering what I could do to prevent it. Most of my clientele come from face book. Once someone adds me I have been actually looking to see if they are friends with these horrible nail techs.

I am getting really upset and just don't know what to do and help will be great?

Thanks x

Jealousy is such a horrible trait
I'd post this ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1390916362.490818.jpg
And start a new FB normal pg but keep your old pg and have friends you can block them as well I know it's against the fb rules but these bitter people are causing chaos with small businesses.

Could you ask for a non refundable deposit? Any decent person would understand if you explained to them whats been happening. PayPal is a good and that way they wouldn't actually have to come to you first. But if they did come to pay the deposit then at least you'd meet them.

Karaxxx

I keep thinking about the non refundable deposit but I don't know if I want to go through Pal pal as apparently they can get the money back straight after submitting it.

Im finding the whole business so soul destroying that there can be nasty, vindictive people.

There really is some bitter people out there with a disgusting attitude towards other techs!

Oh I didn't realise that, but I would definitely recommend the deposit route. I bet it'll stop a load of messers! Give them a time limit that they have to deliver by ie; 2 days or you'll let the appointment go.

Karaxxx

Do you take the bookings via Facebook or email? If so, I'd implement an "only telephone bookings" system. If someone tries to book via Facebook ask for their phone number so you can call them and confirm. No phone number, no booking. Any honest client wouldn't have a problem with that.

It has come to my attention that a few nail techs in the area have been getting people to book in with me and then cancel.

They then say sorry and can they re-arrange which then again they either cancel or don't turn up.

Hi how do you know other nail techs have been doing this? And why would they, am I missing something here? I don't see what they would benefit from it?x

I guess if there's a lot of competition in the area then they'd do it to fill up her appointment book but with no one turning up or cancelling at the last minute then she'd loose business (not being able to book genuine clients in). I suspect they'd like frustrate and demoralise her with the eventual hope they put her out of business.

But no need Missbad, just stick in there and fight back.

Karaxxx

it is not so new a trick, book a nail tech till she is full only to make them lose money by no show (canceling real clients because she is full) it can put an individual nail tech out of business very fast doing this month in month out and or salon owner it is the lowest of the low

always get a phone number ring it back if it does not answer send a text stating you must confirm your appointment or i will have to cancel your appointment if i get nothing i assume it is a trick (£1 sim card )

when i get a withheld number, i state can i have your number as i will send you a confirmation text,or i ring them back immediately and low and behold sometimes the phone goes dead , ring a day later phone only goes to message ,(£1 throw away sim)

Last edited:
What!! Why are people like this?? I take a number and send a text 2 days before to confirm appointments - no reply = no appointment. First appointment only but it helps reduce no shows x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi how do you know other nail techs have been doing this? And why would they, am I missing something here? I don't see what they would benefit from it?x

I was told by a very good source (A sister from one of the techs who thought it was disgusting)! And when I started to investigate her claims.(Which I have been doing over the last few days) It seems very strange that the ladies in question are very friendly with these two (and their vile friends who have been asking for appointments).

To the point when these nail techs do competitions on their face book the only people who win are the one's making the fake bookings to me.

They also benefit from it as I am full with pretend clients, so they can take the ones who I am unable to do!

What!! Why are people like this?? I take a number and send a text 2 days before to confirm appointments - no reply = no appointment. First appointment only but it helps reduce no shows x

If they don't reply what if they turn up? I send a text that says

"I am confirming your appointment on ____________ for_________ any problems please let me know as soon as possible if not I will see you then"

Think I might need to word my text different any ideas?

The appointments originally come from Facebook then I always take a number and I do ring to confirm and I always text the day before. (these cancellations are within minutes of their appointments)

I was very stupid to think these people were genuine and give them the benefit of the doubt :(

I guess if there's a lot of competition in the area then they'd do it to fill up her appointment book but with no one turning up or cancelling at the last minute then she'd loose business (not being able to book genuine clients in). I suspect they'd like frustrate and demoralise her with the eventual hope they put her out of business.

But no need Missbad, just stick in there and fight back.

Karaxxx

There has been a moment over the last few days I have wanted to throw it all in. But I have invested so much money and time into making this work. I am so so lucky I have a very supportive husband who keeps telling me to keep in there.

But I have had a lack of sleep and when I try to sleep I just get so cross and want to let them know I know, But I have never stopped so low and I wouldn't even bitch on Face book about it. I am all smiles :sad: to everyone.

I really have thought about putting a notice on my page to state "I am aware some vile nasty witches have been making false booking so it is from now on I will be having to call you and confirm dates and times as soon as you book".
Or something along those lines so at least if there is someone on my FB who knows them it will get back!

Oh I see, god it's horrible!!
I really hope you can do something about it. I can't think of anything but hope you get it sorted soon that's really unfair!
They obviously are threatened by your work being better than thiers so they're scared you'll take their clients!x

If these fake clients are via fb why don't you just get rid of fb?x

That's awful. But what you need to look at is, a successful therapist will always be busy and will not need to sabotage someone else's business to be busy themselves. How pathetic. Def some good advice on here- keep going- I'm sure you'll get there :)

If these fake clients are via fb why don't you just get rid of fb?x

Facebook is where 90% of my bookings come my regs have came through there also.

I have tried other ways to get clients, However not much has come from other sources.

Would any off you put something on FB so people know you are aware of what has happened?

Also if you would how would you word it? (I am not very good at explaining myself when writing)

And in future what would be the best way in protecting myself from this?

Couldn't you ask for a 10% payment to secure their appointment and they pay the remainder when they have the treatment, maybe via banks transfer?

I'm sure genuine clients wouldn't mind, especially if you explain the circumstances as to why.

Latest posts

Back