Fake bookings-how can I stop it!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would any off you put something on FB so people know you are aware of what has happened?

Also if you would how would you word it? (I am not very good at explaining myself when writing)

And in future what would be the best way in protecting myself from this?
Don't put anything about this situation on facebook. Stay strong.

I would implement a cancelation policy.

Those who do not give you 3/6/12/24 (you pick) hours notice will have to pay the full treatment cost upfont to rebook.

This won't stop them canceling last minute the first time but you will then require full payment from them to take another booking. When someone rings you to book in, take their number & if they cancel with short notice put them on a pre pay list so when they call again you know not to book them in without the payment.

Don't put anything about this situation on facebook. Stay strong.

I would implement a cancelation policy.

Those who do not give you 3/6/12/24 (you pick) hours notice will have to pay the full treatment cost upfont to rebook.

This won't stop them canceling last minute the first time but you will then require full payment from them to take another booking. When someone rings you to book in, take their number & if they cancel with short notice put them on a pre pay list so when they call again you know not to book them in without the payment.

Are they booking through FB or via telephone? A cancellation policy will be hard to implement if they're booking via phone as they can just keep giving different names.

They can try to give different names BUT they need lots of different numbers too because you mark the names & numbers down on the pre pay list :wink2:

If your using a mobile phone for your calls (or a phone with caller ID) I'd pop PP (for Pre Pay) infront of the persons name so when that number rings you know before you answer it that they are a pre pay client (whatever name they give).

I'm assuming they are all fairly local, so they could pop payment in, post a cheque or do a bank transfer.

As said before if they are genuine they'll be fine and it's only new ones after all as your regulars are safe.

Karaxxx

Sorry this is happening, my friend had a similar issue with an ex friend getting her mates to write horrible vile comments on her page. I'm pretty sure you can block the fake clients on Facebook? You can limit who sees/can access your page as my friend unfortunately had to do this. I think it's in the settings?

Thank you all for your lovely comments. I am going to make sure I put t&c on cancellation policies. X

Personally I would just put on your Facebook 'unfortunately due to recent false bookings being made, I am going to be requesting a deposit from all new clients, I apologise for this and I am disappointed that a few individuals have forced me to make this decision for the sake of my business and my regulars. PleSe be assured it is not personal, I am simply trying to ensure my lovely regulars and new clients are able to book appointments' x

Why would you want to punish ALL new clients not JUST the offending ones?

There is no need to take deposits from everyone, just from those who are booking and canceling at short notice wanting to rebook (again & again).

By putting a comment online you are letting those who are messing with you know they have got to you.

I'd prefer to just post that there is a new cancelation policy in place, this way other clients (old & new) will NOT know of the silly underhand games that are going on (lets face it, it's not a professional way to behave - airing our dirty laundry for all to see) but those who have been trying to 'mess' with your business will know you have cottoned on and have taken action to prevent them from 'messing with you' anymore.

Be careful! SG is a very popular site and more than likely these techs will be reading this... seeing how upset you are and more than likely know your plans to stop them.. so are technically 1 step ahead of you. Hope u sort somthing out, keep positive x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Be careful! SG is a very popular site and more than likely these techs will be reading this... seeing how upset you are and more than likely know your plans to stop them.. so are technically 1 step ahead of you. Hope u sort somthing out, keep positive x

They probably are on this site that's why I am being very careful what I say :D, and if they do realise it is them, then I hope they have a conscience as they are bitter and disgusting.

It's just sad that people actually behave like this, Luckily I am not having to depend on this being our income otherwise I would be even more upset.

I just wish people could be nice. One good thing though least if they are offering gel nails for a fiver they will get the clientele I don't want :D

I am starting to feel more positive I am just going to be very very careful when I book people in and I will call them on the day of there booking.

How about "Your appointment is booked for .............(date) at .... (time)...., to confirm and therefore keep the appointment open, please text or call before 9pm tonight (or whatever), if we don't hear from you we will presume you no longer want the appointment and the slot will be booked from our waiting list"

How about "Your appointment is booked for .............(date) at .... (time)...., to confirm and therefore keep the appointment open, please text or call before 9pm tonight (or whatever), if we don't hear from you we will presume you no longer want the appointment and the slot will be booked from our waiting list"

That's a brilliant way, thank you sounds a lot better than mine.
X

Oh my only thing would be if they never got back to you but turned up saying they did not get the text what would you do then?

poo myself lol

sorry that wasn't very helpful but it was my first thought!!:D

I really don't know, that would be awkward, especially as it would be a genuine client if they actually turned up. I suppose you can't guard against people losing their phone, or not having it charged or whatever and so not getting the text.

This business is a nightmare sometimes. I feel for you though. I will have a think and try to come up with something! Maybe one of the other geeks holds the answer?

Seriously what is wrong with people? All I can say is hang in there darl what goes around comes around and I wouldnt like to be them when karma comes back and bites them in the a** but take it as a warped compliment, they are obviously threatened by you ♥

I don't agree with this as if the appointment is booked why should the client then have to re-confirm the appointment they have made! I would not be happy if as a client I made an appointment then had to confirm attendance of this appointment. I recurve reminders for appointments advising if there is any problem/unable to attend to contact them. But would not be looking to go somewhere that I need to re-confirm a booking I made or it will be cancelled. Just my opinion.

I don't agree with this as if the appointment is booked why should the client then have to re-confirm the appointment they have made! I would not be happy if as a client I made an appointment then had to confirm attendance of this appointment. I recurve reminders for appointments advising if there is any problem/unable to attend to contact them. But would not be looking to go somewhere that I need to re-confirm a booking I made or it will be cancelled. Just my opinion.

I agree

I was just pondering on missbad's suggestion that she could change what she texts and blended it with sonia@ashdene's system

But you are quite right, an appointment, once made, should not really need re-confirming. I wonder if something was put in the text about trying to cut down the number of fake bookings or something? I feel so sorry for MissBad.

How about if you make a note of the repeat offenders and then if they call to book for a certain day tell them you are fully booked but if you have a cancellation for that day/time you will call them as soon as possible. That way if it comes to the day and your not busy all day with genuine clients you can call them and offer the appointment, if they really want the appointment with you they will come when offered but you are not wasting a slot on a repeat no show.
Could work?
You must be doing something right if people are going this much out of their way to sabotage your business! Try not to let it discourage you too much xx

Texts can take up to 72 to be delivered, what if she didn't get your text & she turns up but you gave her appointment away?

Latest posts

Back