Fake bookings-how can I stop it!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi ladies

Thanks I suppose texting wont be such a good idea then, Unless I just carry on with what I do and I send a text saying a reminder of your appointment and any problems please let me know?

Oh honestly these women give professional ppl a bad name. Xx

I don't agree with this as if the appointment is booked why should the client then have to re-confirm the appointment they have made! I would not be happy if as a client I made an appointment then had to confirm attendance of this appointment. I recurve reminders for appointments advising if there is any problem/unable to attend to contact them. But would not be looking to go somewhere that I need to re-confirm a booking I made or it will be cancelled. Just my opinion.

I personally disagree, as a lot of my clients pre-book a year in advance and appreciate the text reminder the day before. I ask them to reply with a "yes" to ensure they can still make it.

I do NOT however, book from my cancellation waiting list if they do not reply.

I didn't get to sleep until 4.30 this morning as I was laying in bed worrying about this and what I can do to try and protect myself. (I am a really bad worrier I struggle to understand why ppl can be so cruel)

Then up I am at 6.30 to get my daughter up. Today I just want to face book and say I am aware blah blah blah, but like I have been told do not lower yourself to their level.xx

Aw poor you, I really feel for you. I feel that if you ask them to confirm what's to stop the "messers" from confirming & still cancelling at the last minute. I don't see that a confirmation text would cut the problem down by much.

Personally I think the way forward is a non refundable deposit. You don't need to penalise your good regular clients, just deal with them as you always have. How can a new client object if you just present it to them as a done deal. Don't appear weak, just be confident and say that because you have had trouble in the past with people messing you around you hope they'll understand that you've got to take a non refundable deposit. If they get awkward then you know they could be trouble in future and you probably could do without the agro!

Karaxxx

If this was my business and I had proof this was being done I would seek legal advice

bless your little heart, sort of thing I do, worry all night about things. It always seems so much worse at night, nothing else to take it off and you feel like the only person in the world - don't forget you can always log onto salon geek cos a lot of our Australian/NZ and USA (and others) friends are on during the night so don't feel alone! (Sometimes some of us uk ones having a bad night too)

I liked the idea suggested by bdnails for repeat offenders, only offering them a cancellation slot - but if it was me I only book them twice (unless they are a regular and have genuine difficulties) and then I am just full. Difficult if they use different names though.

If you are reading this, whoever you are, grow up and get a life and stop trying to wreck the life of those you envy.

you have to work hard to get a trusted loyal client base that is your focus the clients you have now and trust get them to refer friends /family to you
give them intensives to do so then you know there is less likley hood of these shenanigans going on network with people you know and trust

you must have a book for numbers that contain repeat offender numbers, or who you suspect is messing with you and cancelling all the time that you can refer to(black book once in there your out never to come back lol)

very brief overview (as just rushing out and wanted to get back to you xx )
i have strict policy i ask the client to give me minimum 24 hr notice for cancellation, ideally as soon as they know, cancel twice in short notice without attending they are put in a book and told unfortunately due to canceling twice we advise you to look elsewhere in a politer way you can pick your own wording (this is not applicable to loyal clients base )

i always text 48hrs prior to new clients asking for a confirmation that they are still attending,then i give them a call also the day they are attending
this is only applicable to new clients

i do not take bookings from new unknown clients that are over 2/3 weeks without deposit if they cannot drop of a deposit then i ask that they ring closer to the date they want, and hope i have a spot free,

also when taking a booking try to know your new client before they have even walked into the door ask questions

ask are they local where are they coming from so you can let them know your location easier ,where to park,how to arrive to you ect

where did they find you

where did they last go

like what you would ask on your client consultation card just the vital info

so many tech just say whats your name, what you want, ok, its this price whats your number see you then ,bye

know your client over the phone i am not saying have a long old chat but get more info give your policies if they want of the phone in and book in 60 secs is this client for you ...?

buyers are liars is a saying .

your business is your income ,livelihood ,your passion,don't let anyone ruin that for you.

today is your chance to take focus and control do not be sad be positive.

thoughts become things :Dxxx

Hi

Thank you all, I am feeling better now. Thanks for all your advice and kind words. Xxx

Latest posts

Back