Fake Gelish and Shellac, Bluesky and CCV?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sylkaai

Reaction score
i have a question on the internet you find fakes like gelish bluesky and ccv or something, what is the difference with the actual proper brands exept the price and if they are dangerous what is in it that makes it dangerous? and how come they can put this on the market with the same name? is there not a rule for these things?:sad::(

hrrm..im wandering the same thing! I was about to buy a whole lot of the bluesky nailpolishes at $10 each, but not too sure now whether to buy it

http://www.salongeek.com/chit-chat/149551-difference-between-bluesky-shellac-cnd-shellac.html
http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/162347-bluesky-shellac.html
http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/174892-bluesky-shellac.html

Those threads should be enough reading to go on with ;)
These are cheap products made in China, not the real thing and not with the real ingredients and have been own to cause allergic reactions.

You are always best to buy the real thing from your countries authorised distributor.

The other issue for a tech is how can you buy these fake products and then sell them to your clients as a "Shellac" manicure or "Gelish" manicure? If the product is fake, so then are your services.

i have a question on the internet you find fakes like gelish bluesky and ccv or something, what is the difference with the actual proper brands exept the price and if they are dangerous what is in it that makes it dangerous? and how come they can put this on the market with the same name? is there not a rule for these things?:sad::(

Its the same as asking whats the difference between a Luis Vuitton bag for sale on the beach abroad and the ones that you buy in Luis Vuitton... ones fake and ones not. There's a reason those sellers starts running when they see the police!

Shellac is 3-free (no folmaldehyde, DBP or Toulene) and hypo allergenic.

These fake products are unlikely to be free from harmful ingredients that are often highly allergenic, meaning there is a risk of causing clients life long allergies to things.
Without knowing the ingredients in these products you wouldnt know whether they will pose that risk with your clients.
I would also check with insurance companies as to whether they would insure you using these products if you bought them- are they even legally shipped into the country? No insurance company will insure you for using illegal goods.

Do the companies selling them provide MSDS? Have they been tested and proved safe for cosmetic use? Its unlikely.

If you build your business on dodgy services and dodgy foundations then chances are, it wont last much longer then that knock off hand bag.

I used to get really angry at so called nail techs using cheaper brands like Bluesky.

I've soon come to realise through the forums that - CHEAP product = CHEAP service :)

I just had a major bust up on FB with someone untrained offering Shellac lol I'm not even trained! :lol:
Seriously! She was at least open about it but as she put it "I've had shellac done and thought I'd have a play about with it"... I nearly fell off my chair I swear!!! Then when I pointed out that if she wasn't trained then she couldn't buy genuine Shellac from authorised suppliers and she certainly couldn't get insurance she had an absolute hissyfit :) Which kind of entertained me ;)

Seriously - do people really think they are getting genuine Shellac for £10 for a set of nails??? :evil:

Apparently though I was bullying her and I counted at least 5 people who were trying to book her... schmucks! Well... I shall smirk when her UV light needs changing and she can't work out why her "shellac" isn't setting ;)

Oh and "you can't hurt the nails or nail bed with Shellac, you must be thinking of acrylic"... *sigh* even I know better than that! If you're going to "pretend" to know your stuff then read up online at least!!!

Latest posts

Back