Fake scissors

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mandita8601

Mandita
Reaction score
Hi
I'm on the lookout for new scissors and have been looking on ebay as well as well known sites for scissors. I noticed on ebay some feedback left to some sellers that the scissors they bought from them were fakes. I'm obviously quite niave and it never entered my head that fakes were around. Have any of you bought fake brand named scissors by accident? If so how did you know they were fakes?

The best thing you can do is go to a reputable wholesaler so you can physically hold the scissors and make sure they are comfortable, you could also go to a trade show etc... where companies normally have offers on, some wholesalers also hold vat free days this may be a way to keep cost down whilst ensuring your getting genuine scissors. I definitely wouldn't buy from ebay etc... just in case!

I watched a video online by yoi scissors. Apparently there's a high percentage of hairdressers using fakes and aren't aware of it. No I won't be buying from ebay but just wondered if anyone has bought fakes or are even aware they may have

Glad to read this one.
I was just about to buy a pair of joewell scissors on eBay......don't think so now:-/
Thanks for fhe tip x

yeah think there's alot of fakes on there

Hiya, yeh I brought some off ebay stupidly, they looked great. It was like cutting hair with paper scissors, actually paper scissors would probably of been better, lol! Never again, stick to the warehouse from now on:)

were you able to return them due to not being as described. They would have to take them back would they not?

we bought some jeager scissors off the scissor man at college and a girl who owns a salon went to a reputable wholesalers, to buy products. she happened to ask the lady about them as they were cheap and she rang up the company who said theres no way the scissors they have could be sold for that price and told her they were fakes. but on the up side asked to keep them and took details of the fella who sold her them but did give her a real pair free for her troubles and they said they have been after the scissor man fo ages. so you do have to be carefull. x

Hi,
If you do really want quality scissors, get in touch with a Matrix rep, they will give you a pair of quality scissors to test out of !4days or all of you salon, at the end of the 'rent' you have the choice of buying if you dont want to buy, there is no pressure. Really good company.
International Beauty Training

Latest posts

Back