Fake Shellac, ebay, £10 a set and no insurance!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think instead of worrying about what other people are doing, concentrate on creating a fabulous business for yourself. You can tell the type of client someone is if they choose to go to someone that uses what I like to call a dumbed down version of the professional products that we all love.

Quality clients go to us nail techs that offer quality services be it Nail Harmony (like myself), CND, OPI etc etc.

I know what type client I would prefer :)

there will always be the cheap people, and there will always be "you", unless they get better results and more clients than you, then there is nothing to worry about.
SO many whinge about "them and "US", in fact "WE", as educated technicians should be better, if in fact "Sweaty Betty" up the road has more clients due to better results, then you should be looking at better education .... Lord knows we have more access to better products.

But even good products in the wrong hands can lead to product break down, you have to be good at what you do ... and that's down to education and dedication, as well as using a decent product.

The clients that go to "Sweaty Betty" or "Whacoloryouwan" will probably never respect you, your education, or your pricing structure, so there's no point worrying about it, there are "cheap" clients and there are your clients (genuinely concerned about quality), if you don't stoop to their prices, then those clients would never knock on your door anyways .... so why bother about them?

Care about (and service) who is coming though your door, not who is going through theirs .... you would never get them anyways .... and if you did, you would probably regret it...... Customers who care little for their feet or hands ..... (dirty Rhino feet) unwashed and unclean nails with yesterdays sandwich underneath them, plonking themselves in front of you expecting you to undo years of disregard and ignorance, expecting you to create a silk purse out of a sows ear for a dollar.

Be careful what you wish for and what you envy, when you walk past "those" salons, just ask yourself "Is that the type of clientele you want" ?

I know I may sound like a snob, but wait till those slabs of meat with Vulture toenails and calloused soles/heels due to wearing flip flops for their whole life on a Linoleum floor lands on your pedicure "throne" ....... needing pounds of Parmesan cheese to be shredded of their feet .....
or Vicky Pollard stubs a fag end out in front of your salon, then rocks in expecting a manicure and some "bling", but needs to stop for a fag between coats of polish for a third of the price you are willing to do them.

I was only pointing out that what other people do is off no concern of ours, people usually get worked up about what others are doing when they a, feel threatened of b, have to much time on there hands! I was saying that as I personally have 3 children to look after, a home to run and a busy salon I personally feel that for the people in the same boat as me who have a busy family life and an even busier business do not have the time or energy to care about who's doing what. And when I do get time to look on salon geek I enjoy the problem shooting and discussing new products and swopping ideas NOT scrolling through the same old same old over and over again. As the majority of the posters agree with me I see I'm not the only one.

How about this for a giggle then....

It's just popped up on my FB feed that my neighbour, who I was talking to just the other day, has updated herself as being a mobile beauty therapist, doing nails, make up, etc. She's even stolen my name. Good luck to her :lol:

It's just popped up on my FB feed that my neighbour, who I was talking to just the other day, has updated herself as being a mobile beauty therapist, doing nails, make up, etc. She's even stolen my name. Good luck to her :lol:

Woe that sounds more like single white female 😳x

and because you are damn good at your job and confident in your skills then I bet u couldn't give a flying ....! Let them to it I say! Give all the clients that drive you mad her number!

and because you are damn good at your job and confident in your skills then I bet u couldn't give a flying ....! Let them to it I say! Give all the clients that drive you mad her number!
That made me laugh!

She's since added a job, saying she's been doing it for 10 years and I actually feel a bit sorry for her - not in the slightest worried about business!

Woe that sounds more like single white female ��x
I had to google that :o but you're right! :lol:

That made me laugh!

She's since added a job, saying she's been doing it for 10 years and I actually feel a bit sorry for her - not in the slightest worried about business!

I had to google that :o but you're right! :lol:

She'll be saying she taught you next ;) x x

Latest posts

Back