Fake Shellac! This is driving me mad!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lucie

Reaction score
Hi geeks!
Just been on Facebook and a 'self taught' nail tech (ahem) is advertising bluesky shellac! I commented asking if I had missed out on this colour and she said, no it's not cnd it's a different shellac!

What can we do before these cheap knockoff versions give the true shellac bad name?! People who are trying shellac for the first time won't know that they are being miss sold shellac and could be given false impressions of the quality of what is true shellac :( x

Educate them when they're at your desk - and take no notice of the messers, they won't stick around using shoddy products x

I know, there's a Bluesky Gelish to, very annoying x

It's shocking....

The clients if they have come to me for shellac would not be going else where, I'm thinking of the clients that have heard of shellac and how amazing it is go looking for it and see this 'fab offer' and get miss sold the rubbish without knowing! Impression is made that shellac is no good and they are non the wiser! X

We can all be sold rubbish passed off as the real thing .. But we don't get caught because we like the real thing! Those that don't care ... Don't care .. And accept rubbish!

Do knock offs give Gucci a bad name, Channel, Prada? No? There are just people who want the real thing but can't afford. Let them go where they will .. I like discerning clientele.

Stop wasting your energy letting things that don't count drive you mad!

Last edited:
It's a great video, what a brilliant idea. Well done. I even like the music. Just wish they'd used a proofreader to make it a bit more professional. It's full of errors! :irked:

Good video! X

It's a great video, what a brilliant idea. Well done. I even like the music. Just wish they'd used a proofreader to make it a bit more professional. It's full of errors! :irked:
Yes, wow why didn't i think of that ? maybe i should have , I'm clearly SO unprofessional with my dyslexia ......thanks .............

I think that is an excellent video.x

No need for that comment really! I think it's a fab video and has all the important info needed regardless of errors or not.

Thanks will be sharing it on my Facebook x

Yes, wow why didn't i think of that ? maybe i should have , I'm clearly SO unprofessional with my dyslexia ......thanks .............

A video of this quality will probably go worldwide all over Facebook and get loads of hits on youtube. I didn't know you're dyslexic, so what? I know a lot of dyslexics. I'm not dyslexic and would have had someone check it for me before publishing it. There's no way I could do something on the computer as advanced as that. I think you're very talented.

Constructive criticism. You should welcome it, we all learn from it. I accept it gracefully. If someone tells me where I've gone wrong I'll learn from it, not make excuses.

A video of this quality will probably go worldwide all over Facebook and get loads of hits on youtube. I didn't know you're dyslexic, so what? I know a lot of dyslexics. I'm not dyslexic and would have had someone check it for me before publishing it. There's no way I could do something on the computer as advanced as that. I think you're very talented.

Constructive criticism. You should welcome it, we all learn from it. I accept it gracefully. If someone tells me where I've gone wrong I'll learn from it, not make excuses.

Maybe you could do it more politely in future though ;)

Thank you. I probably come across a bit brash. I will re read my posts in future before hitting the button. I forget sometimes how sensitive the Europeans/British are compared to us Aussies. (no excuse!).

Great video. A lot of time and effort put into that.
I'm going to forward the link to my friend who insists that she has been to no less than 5 qualified nail techs (in salons)who claim to be CND trained and yet NONE of them have ever heard of solar oil and she tells me that because I don't do Shellac it's me who is wrong.
Thank you.

Problem is, I now want to go round all the local salons who do Shellac and check they've got the right lamps and products. If it makes me want to do it, all the other viewers will too. This is probably cos I'm not a Shellac user. I'd love to go in with my big gob and say "hey, you! where's the solar oil and disperse, you fraud!, what's that carp (intended spelling error) you're using!?"

It's difficult when you have a problem with language and words. Sometimes, it's even more difficult to hassle someone else to keep checking things for you all the time.

I think you are wrong to post the way you did without knowing how much trouble Mizzy has gone through to do that video.

And I hope you will welcome my comment, accept it gracefully and is able to learn from it.

Thank you. I probably come across a bit brash. I will re read my posts in future before hitting the button. I forget sometimes how sensitive the Europeans/British are compared to us Aussies. (no excuse!).

Did you re read this post at all? It comes across as patronising and rude. You can't "brand" a nationality as sensitive. If it was reversed I'm sure you wouldn't appreciate such a comment. Mizzy did a fantastic job.

Fantastic video...thank you!!! X

Essential Bliss Beauty Therapy

Latest posts

Back