Fake tan?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stewie16

Reaction score
I hate fake tan with a passion it looks bloody awful why can't women&men just be natural instead of looking like umper lumpers. Why do you like fake tan and what makes you want it that much? I've seen some real extreme tans. Madge off benidorm is more toned down compared to what I've seen. I'm not here to judge I'm curious why women put it on their skin?

Well I earn a lot if money out of making people look like 'umper lumpers'

If you don't like it, don't wear it. It's not hurting you.

I hate fake tan with a passion it looks bloody awful why can't women&men just be natural instead of looking like umper lumpers. Why do you like fake tan and what makes you want it that much? I've seen some real extreme tans. Madge off benidorm is more toned down compared to what I've seen. I'm not here to judge I'm curious why women put it on their skin?

When done properly by a professional it looks lovely. I've had a few done before if I'm going somewhere nice and wearing a strappy dress.

It's the ones who cake it on a DIY job that it looks awful and resembling they've just had a mud bath.

But believe me, I've seen tons of guys with rank DIY tans too - you only have to go up the city on a Saturday night to see that.

So hats off to the pro spray tanners for helping make us feel extra nice on a night out with a little golden glow X

I agree with Sheila, its down to the preference of the client what tan outcome it chosen. Even a spray tan or fake tan can look perfectly flawless and natural without anyone knowing its fake if its done properly. Unfortunately some clients (especially younger wants) specifically ask for a tan that is far too dark or the wrong colour and for some reason that is beyond me they want to look fake so that everyone can see they had it applied so don't blame it on the product, is a choice of the client!

I LOVE fake tan (when I can be bothered to do it) I try do it once a week (fortnightly in winter!!) makes me feel nicer about myself as I am so pale naturally I could be almost blue!

A good spray tan is a real confidence booster.

I love having a glow on my skin, makes me feel so much more confident and healthy. Im naturally dark haired and pale and always looked washed out.

A good tanner will not make anyone look orange.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I use to use sunbeds to get my tan, now I don't need to I can have a quick fix spray tan with out regularly going on a sunbed to build up or keep a tan.

I LOVE the fast results.

Im sorry but I just don't agree with what you say. I use Fake Bake, & I wouldn't say Ive ever turned anyone orange. I know that not all tanning solutions are the same, & Ive trailed some cheaper ones. Which I wouldn't personally use again.

You can opt for a natural looking tan, which I suggest to my ladies in winter. I bet you wouldn't even bat an eyelid if you seen it.

The at home DIY stuff obviously wont give great results, it may be streaky, orange etc. Just like a box hair colour.

It really boosts myself esteem to have a tan, if its real, sunbed, or spray tan. But the spray tan doesn't age me, or cause skin cancer, & it doesn't take long!

Xx

I think the thing you hate is when people over do it . . . and the same, imho, can be said of a real tan.

In my opinion being the same colour as your sideboard or resembling a satsuma is not cool lol

I don't think the issue here is whether it's fake or not. When I used to offer spray tanning, (Nouvatan - and its fab btw) nobody ever went orange and everyone said how similar the results were to the colour they go naturally after a week or two in the sun .

Why do people like to be (a shade of) brown? Makes you look healthy, nice outdoorsy look, makes chubby bits look thinner, makes teeth and eyes look brighter.

I tan easily so have never faked but roll on sunshine!! (protected, natch!!):D

You are asking why people can't just be natural on a hair/nails/beauty forum lol. That's like saying 'why can't people just be happy with their natural hair colour' or 'why can't people just be happy with their natural nails' etc. i'm pretty sure if people were happy with their natural hair you wouldn't have half as many clients as you do now.

I don't think there's anything wrong with a fake tan. It boosts peoples confidence and stops them going on sunbeds or sitting in the sun for hours on end. However I think the problem lies in that you can't tell people what colour to be and there will always be some people who want to be the colour of your grandmothers table. Even the best spray tanners can't force someone to be less brown than they want to be.

I do my own tan at home with at tropez products, it's the same as when people clog on their mascara and draw enormous a black eye brows on when it goes orange, it's not being used as intended it's over applied. When I was a lot younger and partial to a bit of orange I would not wash off the guide tan (my example of a product not used as intended, it smells still and is too dark, but if that's what people will do so be it) Any product can look too much, just having a hair colour wrong for your skin tone looks odd. But that's why we are professionals to do a good job and use products as intended not over applied/over processed/ wrong product etc. I love my fake tan, and I actually have been out with a friend who tans naturally to a very orangey tone and I look paler and more natural with my tan on than her on my opinion lol xxx

No one knows but I'll fess up. I use a £1 fake tan cream from a tube from the pound shop. I've been using it for years and its so natural looking. I only apply it very lightly and it just gives my skin a hint of colour. I only wear it on my neck and chest area in the winter. If I didn't have it I would have to wear lighter foundation and everyone would think I was ill. I'm almost blue, I'm so pale. This cream doesn't really give me a tan but more of a natural colour.

There's a mum at the school who looks like a compete freak. I'm sure she applies it herself as the streaking around her wrists and ankles is dreadful, not to mention the elbows and back of the knees. It is so dark ORANGE!!! I feel like telling her.

There's another mum at our school who does tanning. She is very good. Everyone she does looks really natural, just like they've been away to sun for a few days.

It's my job and done well I love the look, but I'll always try to per sued a client to go with a colour to match their skin time rather than a dark tanned look as that isn't always best!

Total confidence booster you look much more healthy with a glow.x

I think if people really want a bit of colour on their skin far better they fake it than use sun beds. I'd rather see a few dodgy looking fake tans or have a streak here and there on myself (when I do rarely have a fake tan) than people be using sun beds and risking their health.
Some of the girls I work with keep popping off for sun bed sessions at lunch and I just don't understand that

There is nothing bad about spray tan. However, if you have sensitive skin, tanning in any form, be it a lotion or spray, may cause skin irritation. That is why it is important to check the reaction of the skin on a suntan on a small area first.

Latest posts

Back