Fake Tan

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beaute

Reaction score
Hi,

I am an English rose that doesn't tan, although yesterday I did get burned.

Can anyone recommend a good tan, either salon or at home.

Replies would be greatly appreciated.

hi have you used fake tan before what were the results i am using fake bake at the mo i'm not white i have a slight natural colour so I go brown but I do burn if i overdo it but there are some fab tans on the market if you cant do it yourself go to a salon and get some advice hth

I have tried fake tans before, but the look to false if you know what I mean. And when they start to fade it goes streaky.

I do know what you mean but as mine is wearing off i exfoliate well and reapply I also moisturise well in between perhaps another geek has got some other ideas i find the good tans don't streak as much when wearing off and fade gradually

juju said:
I do know what you mean but as mine is wearing off i exfoliate well and reapply I also moisturise well in between perhaps another geek has got some other ideas i find the good tans don't streak as much when wearing off and fade gradually

Hi

Definately regular exfoliate and moisturise daily - thats the best way to avoid the tan going patchy and streaky!

Before appying the tan - I would put moisturiser on the bits that tend to go patchy - e.g. wrists, elbows, ankles, feet, knees etc. they tend to be the dry areas on the body - the moisturiser will help tone down the false tan application on those areas, but dont put it on the other areas before the tan as that can then ruin the effect you are trying to achieve.

yeah i do this too particularly the ankles which tans have you used before

HI Juju

At the minute I am using St Tropez as I did my training a few weeks ago.

I must say that I find using the Dove Summer Glow with a hint of tan helps to keep the colour going for ages and is also a great moisturiser. Smells great to not like some others.

oh ive not used the dove i used the johnsons but it was quite streaky ive heard that you shouldnt use dove soap with fake tan :?:my friend went on the solglo course and they told her not to use dove dont know why im gonna try it. the johnsons smells a bit strong so ill try the dove my sis has the nivea and she loves that one

juju said:
oh ive not used the dove i used the johnsons but it was quite streaky ive heard that you shouldnt use dove soap with fake tan :?:my friend went on the solglo course and they told her not to use dove dont know why im gonna try it. the johnsons smells a bit strong so ill try the dove my sis has the nivea and she loves that one

would you be able to find out why they didnt recommend Dove - just getting paranoid now!

I used to use St Topaz b4 I got pregnant and loved the look. After I had sophia I brought some more and applied it and went quite orange (not sure why, I put it down to a hormone change).

I then tried Fake Bake and love it. I'm not trained in tanning just do it on myself, even my hubby slaps it on my back for me and so far it has come out perfect and the colour is not far off what I naturally go.

Like everyone else says make sure you exfoilate and moisturize first.

Thankyou for all of your replies.

I normally exfoliate and put on body lotion before hand on the dry areas.

I will take into consideration what you have said. Practice makes perfect is what they say.

So sould I go for fake tan or one of these body lotion ones?

HugsXX

Try the fake tan and then use a body lotion to make it last longer - I find it works.

not sure bout why you shoudnt use dove but ive heard it and also saw a thread on it search for fake tans n spray tans might get some advice i agree fake tan then moisture lotion tan it will last longer

hi hun just put a search for spray tan question and the one buy glitzy girl came up have a look

Latest posts

Back