fake tanning

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flloyd999

Reaction score
hello, i was hoping someone might be able to offer me some advice and answer a couple of questions for me, which are probably really basic but i can't seem to get info else where.
at the moment i am using st tropez lotion on my legs. i have found that the st tropez body polish didnt really exfoliate me very throughly ( it didnt remove the dark bits that had gone pathcy after few days). i now use exfoliating gloves combined with simple soap. however, i have been told that soap is bad as it leaves a film on your skin. but i thought you ned to use some form of soap in order to clean your skin - get rid of deoderant, sweat etc. am i ok to use this soap and gloves or should i use sometihng else with the gloves? in between tanning i shower with a soft spomge and same soap. again, is this wrong and if so, what should i be doing in between tanning?

on my body i use the st tropez everyday but every other day before bed. should you exfoliate with this too and how often?
the one problem i have found is that after playing sports and getting sweaty, the tan rubs off where my trainers have been or sports bra have been. has anyone else experienced this and is there anything i can do to prevent it?
thanks

hi

When you say soap...what exactly do you mean?

The st. tropez body polish is extremly good in my opinon and should be giving you an even fade.

Make sure your not using any products with AHA's as this will exfoliate you quicker and cause un even fading.

Yes you should exfoliate when using Everyday - how soon after you tan do you apply this?

You should only be exfoliating every 3-4 days when you have a tan on.

Which tan rubs off on your trainers - the everyday or the other?

Which tan are using - mousse, cream, lotion or aerobronze?

Becki x

hi, the soap i use is by the brand Simple and its for senstitive skin. Its just a plain bar soap. i dont think i am using products with AHAs as i only use this soap and the st tropez moisturiser.
i only apply the everyday on my body and do that every other day. on my legs i do the full st tropez lotion. how are you supposed to wash in the days in between exfolitating (stupid question i know!). should you just rinse and use soap in essential places only?
the full tan lotion mixed with everyday rubs off on my trainers and the everyday has rubber off under my bra underwire after playing sport and getting really hot and sweaty.
thanks for your help and im aware i must ssound like a real dumb ass but i figure its best to ask to try and get it right as i don't wanna look like a fake tanning disaster!

Latest posts

Back