Falling out of love with Gelish!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s funny because I used to work for nail harmony and their lamps are specifically made to cure Gelish. Many lamps are created to look like the 18g but they are not the same.
I can’t speak for other brands because I don’t know the science behind them. Therefore would not like to generalise like you have.

Not sure who is feeding you your ‘facts’ but maybe you need to check you’re sources.

You were slating CND a few months ago so I find it hilarious that you are now singing their praises.

Your posts really get my back up because you act like just because you use CND you are superior and every other brand is inferior when this isn’t the case.

You talk down to people with pretty much every comment on here that you post. Because if we aren’t using CND then we are all apparently unprofessional.

I find that the products I use on clients last until their next appointment regardless of what they do for a living.

Also the products that I use are more expensive than CND but do I sit here and say they are better than CND just because they cost more? Hell no because that isn’t true, the same way as pretty much 99% of your comments aren’t true and they come from your personal preference rather than an actual fact.

So maybe take your own advice and Get Real [emoji1360]

Well said

Unfortunately I think Tuan's ego is so big that he believes he knows more than anyone else on here! . Fortunately the majority of us know not to take him seriously but I do worry new members might fall for his opinionated views! You only have to read his previous postings to see that he chops and changes his mind like the wind though!

That’s funny because I used to work for nail harmony and their lamps are specifically made to cure Gelish. Many lamps are created to look like the 18g but they are not the same.
I can’t speak for other brands because I don’t know the science behind them. Therefore would not like to generalise like you have.

Not sure who is feeding you your ‘facts’ but maybe you need to check you’re sources.

You were slating CND a few months ago so I find it hilarious that you are now singing their praises.

Your posts really get my back up because you act like just because you use CND you are superior and every other brand is inferior when this isn’t the case.

You talk down to people with pretty much every comment on here that you post. Because if we aren’t using CND then we are all apparently unprofessional.

I find that the products I use on clients last until their next appointment regardless of what they do for a living.

Also the products that I use are more expensive than CND but do I sit here and say they are better than CND just because they cost more? Hell no because that isn’t true, the same way as pretty much 99% of your comments aren’t true and they come from your personal preference rather than an actual fact.

So maybe take your own advice and Get Real [emoji1360]
God I love this reply. You've got him completely worked out - well said x

Got their own lamp makes their product better than everything else ... get a life. As for the high end client comment ... i have no words.
Hilarious isnt it!! [emoji23] [emoji23]

Got their own lamp makes their product better than everything else ... get a life. As for the high end client comment ... i have no words.
Hilarious isn't it!! [emoji23][emoji23]

Well said

Unfortunately I think Tuan's ego is so big that he believes he knows more than anyone else on here! . Fortunately the majority of us know not to take him seriously but I do worry new members might fall for his opinionated views! You only have to read his previous postings to see that he chops and changes his mind like the wind though!
Totally! I've noticed that too!!

Fact 1: only CND and OPI have their own nail lamp. All other lamps are re branded.
Fact 2: Even having their own lamp, OPI cannot cure their gels properly because they don't have good engineers. Their lamp(the newest one) will be going through a recall process. I've spoken to them. So, what makes you think these other brands can properly do gels? GET REAL.

Those two facts alone are why I blow off all other brands so quickly because the lamps themselves cost a ton of money to make. Nail techs don't know jack squat about the products they use. They just see color and the gel getting hard. Good enough for them!

A high end client would be someone who uses their head more than their hands, a white collar worker.

NONE of this is true. OPI's R&D department alone is larger than all of CND. Lots of brands have their own lamps.CND had to engineer their own lamp because they use different and fewer photoinitiators in order to make Shellac hypoallergenic. But that has no real clinical definition and does not mean that the brand is superior. Gelish engineered its own lamps (it has several) as well. It has been copied and knocked off because it is a good design. And CND has had a litany of problems with its lamps, going back to its early UV lamps.

As for high end clients, CND does not market so much to high end clients as it markets to nail professionals. And its marketing image, is not so much high end as fashion forward. But other brands do that as well - Artistic Colour Gloss, Jessica, for example. And I would argue that saying that CND Shellac is geared towards white collar workers who don't use their hands is just silly and illogical. Shellac is simply not as strong a product as many other gel lacquers; only in your mind could that ever be considered a benefit! And white collar does not equal high end. Lots of white collar workers (myself included) do lots of things in our non-professional lives that damage our nails - everything from gardening, to swimming, to cooking, to traveling.

As I said, there are lots of good reasons to be devoted to CND. But belittling other professional brands and the people who use them (using false "information) is not one of them. I'm sorry tuan, but you constantly put forth incorrect, illogical, elitist, and just plain foolish statements about both products and the profession. It does not serve CND (or yourself) well to have you make such statements in a public (or private) forum.

Well said
Fortunately the majority of us know not to take him seriously but I do worry new members might fall for his opinionated views!

Yes, that is the danger here. And that is why I don't let his false statements go unchallenged and encourage others to do the same. We don't have to agree, but we should operate of the basis of facts.

Yes, that is the danger here. And that is why I don't let his false statements go unchallenged and encourage others to do the same. We don't have to agree, but we should operate of the basis of facts.

Absolutely agree!

Same here! I hate to take things off topic but sometimes you just have to.

Please don't associate those other brands with CND as CND is the best, no questions asked.

Op, totally understandable. Gelish is sort of a weird product. Sometimes it will burn the client's nails even if you are doing things by the book.

There are many amazing brands just like CND people just have their preferences

NONE of this is true. OPI's R&D department alone is larger than all of CND. Lots of brands have their own lamps.CND had to engineer their own lamp because they use different and fewer photoinitiators in order to make Shellac hypoallergenic. But that has no real clinical definition and does not mean that the brand is superior. Gelish engineered its own lamps (it has several) as well. It has been copied and knocked off because it is a good design. And CND has had a litany of problems with its lamps, going back to its early UV lamps.

You still don't get it. Small companies simply cannot afford to build a lamp from the ground up. Even large companies(OPI) that has the fund to do so cannot build a lamp correctly - their lamp is going through a recall. That is why all other brands get thrown under the bus immediately. As for the first CND lamp, of course its going to have problems. You make it sound like its a bad thing. Even the first iPhone had its share of problems. Look at it now.

Shellac is simply not as strong a product as many other gel lacquers; only in your mind could that ever be considered a benefit! And white collar does not equal high end. Lots of white collar workers (myself included) do lots of things in our non-professional lives that damage our nails - everything from gardening, to swimming, to cooking, to traveling.

Shellac's bond to the nail is strong. But not too strong to where it wont release when it comes time to soak off. That is why Shellac will chip easily. Other gels will stick to the nail like concrete. And when it comes time to soak it off, you'll have to buff and file the nails down, making it thin like paper.

As I said, there are lots of good reasons to be devoted to CND. But belittling other professional brands and the people who use them (using false "information) is not one of them. I'm sorry tuan, but you constantly put forth incorrect, illogical, elitist, and just plain foolish statements about both products and the profession. It does not serve CND (or yourself) well to have you make such statements in a public (or private) forum.

I belittle brands, not the people who use them.

Last edited:
I belittle brands, not the people who use them.
But you DO belittle the people who use them! Even in this thread you said "Nail techs don't know jack squat about the products they use. They just see colour and the gel getting hard. Good enough for them". - That is just plain rude!! You are nothing more than an internet troll!

But you DO belittle the people who use them! Even in this thread you said "Nail techs don't know jack squat about the products they use. They just see colour and the gel getting hard. Good enough for them". - That is just plain rude!! You are nothing more than an internet troll!

Maybe I was being rude but there is nothing but truth to it. Plus, my rudeness is rooted in an altruistic motive. Its to make you become a better NT. If I didn't stir up any emotions, you guys would be stagnant in your knowledge, either way. Who do you know have said what I've said about products? No one. Who do you know has brought about such an opposite point of view? And what if that point of view happens to be correct? So, I think you should be more appreciative rather than feeling so offended. And don't flatter yourself. There are ways better ways to entertain myself rather trying to get a reaction out of nt's on the internet.

Last edited:
Maybe I was being rude but there is nothing but truth to it. Plus, my rudeness is rooted in benevolence. Its to make you become a better NT. If I didn't stir up any emotions, you guys would be stagnant in your knowledge, either way. Who do you know have said what I've said about products? No one. Who do you know has brought about such an opposite point of view? And what if that point of view happens to be correct? So, I think you should be more appreciative rather than feeling so offended. And don't flatter yourself. There are ways better ways to entertain myself rather trying to get a reaction out of nt's on the internet.

No "maybe" here. You are constantly rude, condescending and dismissive to people in this forum - there is no benevolence in that. And there is no truth in it at all - that is perhaps the worst fault in it all. You are not stirring up emotions, you are simply being contrary and insulting; for what purpose, I cannot say. Appreciative? There is lots of room in this forum for strong opinions and spirited argument. But your "point of view" is so often inaccurate, incorrect, illogical and just plain silly that it is helpful to no one. CND is a great brand and does not need falsehoods and insults to promote it.

You say there are better ways to entertain yourself - I suggest you go avail yourself of them.

You are taking this way too personal. I think we should keep the argument to the products.

So what brand do you use? lol

Last edited:
Perhaps we ought to remind this poster of "Lampgate", where everyone moaned about the poor quality of the CND UV lamps. No worries, they now have an LED one. Still lots of complaints. Ive seen pictures of said lamp having to have the cable positioned with tape for it to stop falling out. How very upmarket.

Perhaps we ought to remind this poster of "Lampgate", where everyone moaned about the poor quality of the CND UV lamps. No worries, they now have an LED one. Still lots of complaints. Ive seen pictures of said lamp having to have the cable positioned with tape for it to stop falling out. How very upmarket.

What brand do you use?

Btw, I agree with you on the complaints. But be reasonable and honest here. If NT's barely understand nail anatomy and gel chemistry, do you honestly think that they can apply gels and properly recommend products? And then when the gel breaks down prematurely because of the NT, its a complaint against the brand and not the NT. Makes total sense.

She probably uses a better brand than CND ..hahahahaha.

She probably uses a better brand than CND ..hahahahaha.

hahahahaa....not. She don't want to name the brand because she knows that I will chop, slice, and dice it up a million ways. Same goes for you.

hahahahaa....not. She don't want to name the brand because she knows that I will chop, slice, and dice it up a million ways. Same goes for you.
I though you just said we should talk about products not people...

That resolution lasted a whole 34 minutes. You just can't help yourself, can you?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back