False Appointments ......grrrr

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trusim

Reaction score
Hi all, just wondering if any of you girls or guys have had people ring up / make an appointment, then they don't show within the next 10 minutes, and it works out to be a false number??

We had one on the W'end for a wedding, and i phoned the day before to organise exactly times + colours etc, and it was another business, who had absolutely no idea what was going on.

Lucky we were able to fill the position with "real clients".

Just wondering ????

I've had this happen recently...when I called the number given it turned out to be another salon...they'd had a false booking made that week aswell, the number given to them was for my salon:irked:...between us we've figured out who it might be.
Stupid ppl that are obvioulsy not very busy with time to waste
:hug:

I've had this happen before and at the same time also had a letter sent to the salon saying awful things about me that were completely untrue. Luckily for me, even my colleagues could see that it was untrue, they signed a name i'd never heard of and said they had had a facial when there wasn't any record of one that day. The postcode on the mail stamp was that of my previous salon. Coincidence?

Now, i tend to ask for a number when booking a new client and after they hang up, i dial 1471, which gves you the number of the last person to call you. If the numbers don't match, i make sure i call them back.

What a pain in the backside though

It could be local competition trying to book you out so that clients will go to them. I dont know why though, they should be really busy this time of year.
It's a right pain though! I would ring a few days before as a reminder to the client,this way at least if it is a hoax you will have a bit of time to book someone else in.
It's so sad! People are so sad to be doing this xxx

Latest posts

Back