False eyelash application?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

estherlou

Reaction score
Hello:biggrin:
Had a girl in today for her prom make-up, its been booked since my launch in April (so 25% discount) The mum works in an office opposite the salon so see her around a bit. The mum called me yesterday to ask what kind of skin prep etc to do.
When they turned up the girl had a pack of false eyelashes with her, i was a bit stumped as to whether to charge or not, they were from a highstreet store and i've not got formal training in the application either. What would you do, should i have refused to apply them?
Bit annoyed because i spoke to the mum and she didn't mention the lashes x

Time is money and it takes time to apply them. I would have applied them, looked at how long it took and charged accordingly(IE if you work on £20 an hr- just an example-and it took 15 mins, would have charged £5). If you had clients straight after you may have been running late so i think its fair to charge.Hths:biggrin:

Hello:biggrin:
Had a girl in today for her prom make-up, its been booked since my launch in April (so 25% discount) The mum works in an office opposite the salon so see her around a bit. The mum called me yesterday to ask what kind of skin prep etc to do.
When they turned up the girl had a pack of false eyelashes with her, i was a bit stumped as to whether to charge or not, they were from a highstreet store and i've not got formal training in the application either. What would you do, should i have refused to apply them?
Bit annoyed because i spoke to the mum and she didn't mention the lashes x

If you didn't cover falsh lash application in your beauty therapy training then you may find that you're not covered by your insurance to apply them.

Just something else to think about

Shame the mum didn't mention it to you before though.:rolleyes:

If you didn't cover falsh lash application in your beauty therapy training then you may find that you're not covered by your insurance to apply them.

Just something else to think about

Shame the mum didn't mention it to you before though.:rolleyes:
thats what i thought which is why i didn't charge, i covered the theory of it but never actually had my application of them assessed, if i had charged it would have been £5

have to add, they looked fab and i think would be quite popular if i promoted them x

thats what i thought which is why i didn't charge, i covered the theory of it but never actually had my application of them assessed, if i had charged it would have been £5

have to add, they looked fab and i think would be quite popular if i promoted them x

When I did them at college I preferred the individual lashes rather than the strip ones - you could really custom the look and the effect was stunning.

I briefly covered the individual sprigs of lashes in my training, however practice on friends and family is the best solution. It's a great service to offer and I stock a range of black or brown - short, medium & (rarely used) long and find that they always get the wow factor when they're applied. I've got a client who's been wearing them for over 1 and a half years and gets them tidied up and 'attended to' every week with no damage to her own lashes.
Buy a couple of sets and experiment - it's pretty easy.

Latest posts

Back