False Eyelashes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beautyandme

Reaction score
Hi, I currently use Salon Systems Eyelashes.

Can you please tell me, what lashes you use on your clients and how long do they last (how long do they still look good for) without it looking like they need replacements.

Also I use an adhesive that dries clear, I know that there is a black glue on the market. What are they effects of using this colour glue?

Does anyone use the Everlash Kit?

thanks

Are you unhappy with SS eyelashes you are using at mo?

I'm looking for a system that I can offer at a reasonable price that would last for a few days or a special occasion.
A salon near me already offers semi perm ones so i'm looking provide a different market from them.

I like the Salon Systems lashes. They're quick and look good.
Black glue makes the lashes appear thicker at the root and can be a bit 'heavy' for some clients' eyes.
Most of my clients like the 'subtle' look and so I use clear glue, but I have one who likes the 'baby doll' look and I use black glue on her.
I've got the Hollywood Lashes (individual semi permanent lashes) but I find that it's a mind-numbing bore to do. I like the finished effect, but hate the pace of application. About 1 - 1.5 hours per set !!!!! Boring. :rolleyes:

Hi, the SS lashes seem to last a week and they are fine. just wandered if there was a better system on the market, that didnt cost the earth for me and the client.

I thought that about the black glue, (extra thickness at the root) but never used it myself. When you have used it, does it give a nice effect?

Also do most of you cut the lashes, so that they are the same lengths at clients own, or just add loads so that you cant really see the clients own natural lashes?

thanks

i would say if you are getting a week outta them then they must be pretty ok :green:

i've only ever used a clear glue but i think i might give the black glue a try

i agree with Dee, a week is good to me

i hve some with a white glue that turns black , its quite good i reckon , i have never tried just clear , might get some now and have a play xx

Hiya!

I much prefer the black glue and find that the SS black glue lasts much longer than the clear one that you get with the packet, i like the look with the black glue, I also find if you use short lashes you don't need to cut them down etc they just make the lashes look fuller!

xx

I use the ss lashes, or should I say I have them, never used them on client yet! Only me now & then.

I have a struggle getting them on and only tend to wear 2/3 out the outer of my top lashes.

The short ones are not all that short IMO as they give me added umph, the long are too long & if i used them on a client I would deffo trim them a bit. Although they are little blighters to trim, they keep sliding off the end of the scissors!

Did not know about black glue, must try some.

1 week is fantastic I think. Mine usually last 3/4 days, but then I do add mascara & remove that too.

I lost the will to live with them over xmas & almost slung the lot in the bin as I was struggling to put them on.

QUESTION _ sorry to hyjack - do you put full false lashes on before or after makeup application (I'm talking on myself here)? I have some with sparkles on for xmas & could not get on with them as I was running late & got the bluming:lol: glue everywhere!

over xmas i couldnt be bothered buying any different ones , so to jazz mine up i stuck some nail gems on em , have to say they were pretty good :green:

The only prob with the black glue is it can look untidy if you get a blob of glue in the wrong spot. When training we used the black glue and it showed up the slightest imperfections.

I have just changed from the salon system lashes to hive and i prefer these ones. I think they have a more natural look than the ss ones but thats just my opinion. Clients have commented on how nice they are too, the lashes are ever so slightly finer x

if you mix both black and clear glue the overall effect is much better, dries quicker too i was taught this with hollywood lashes.

hi, iam just wondering if anyone has had the same problems with hollywood lashes like ive had and also my friend, 2 of my girls from my salon did the hollywood eyelash course in october and my friend went with one of her girls on the course and we have both had nightmares, clients want to look like the picture of the poster and the leaflets and they look nothing like it when they are done, one of the trainners had them on and she insisted how fantastic they looked and they looked dried up and crusty, they just arnt want they promise to be and we feel like we a ripping clients off, i think individual party lashes look better! does anyone have any suggestions?

I use ss to.I use hive glue clear and the 4 people i have used it on ,they have stayed put for 4 weeks? I only had to do one top up.When i removed them it took ages they dint want to come off.One problem is that the clear glue goes a weard colour after a few weeks,so i will try the black glue.

QUESTION _ sorry to hyjack - do you put full false lashes on before or after makeup application (I'm talking on myself here)? I have some with sparkles on for xmas & could not get on with them as I was running late & got the bluming:lol: glue everywhere!

i have been taught to put false lashes on last and if you want one sweep of mascara to finish.

personally i don't do the sweep of mascara just in case i dislodge the false lashes...which knowing me it would happen :rolleyes:

Hi guys!

I'm trained in Nouveau contour and have been doing them both in the salon and now mobile. I'm not sure if you guys are all talking about the true semi-permanent eyelashes such as these, or what I call just 'false' eyelashes. If you are, then a week is not very long time for them to last at all! I use Nouveau, which is expensive. But, the clients lashes look just like the poster and they last about 3-4 weeks before they need a top up, all of my clients are really happy with the treatment. I'm thinking of changing to SS lashes as they are cheaper, but will always stick with [geddit?!!?] Nouveau glue and sealant. Also, just another thought, if you're not getting very long out of your lashes, maybe look at how you're prepping them. Are you cleansing with an oil free E.M.U.R. and then using a protein remover pad before application? The cleaner the lashes are, the longer the glue will hold. Also maybe look at your clients homecare routine as I find this is just as big a factor in how long the lashes last. Make sure they know what they should and shouldn't be doing and try and retail them a longer-life coating.I get mine from Nouveau for £8 and sell for £15 and I can really tell the difference in my clients who have used it!

I hope this is helpful. Do stick with Eyelashes, it's a really popular treatment with the right product and I've got loads of clients having other treatments off the back of eyelash extensions xxxxxxxxx :hug:

P.S where can you buy protein remover pads from? thanks

i would also like to know please

Latest posts

Back