Family members and box dyes!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jazmine

Reaction score
Ah! So my cousin has been visiting from overseas-I quit doing any sort of mobile hairdressing when I fell pregnant.

My sister in law also a hairdresser offered to do my cousins hair, yet yesterday she was talking about dying her hair plum (it's a base 4 from home kits already!) I said that whatever you buy please please please go to wholesales with my sis in law and at the wry least DO NOT buy xxxl! I come home today and she's there with the dreaded colour-I have moved house today and had I been free I would have done her colour just to save her from herself. But I just didn't have the time.

So she's used it and she will be home again in 10-12 weeks and she will inevitably want to be blonde or the summer.

I've already ruled this out as a possibility and then my sister had a go at me for being 'nasty' ah!

I was trying to do her (and her barnet) a favour! Rant over.

I refuse point blank to never go near box dyes, for anyone lol i won't advise on them or use them, i will advise the negatives however, like how you say your cousin may want to go lighter for the summer again.

And always advise of people just have to use a box, to avoid ammonia free they are the worst!!

No point falling out over though :)

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek

Ah! So my cousin has been visiting from overseas-I quit doing any sort of mobile hairdressing when I fell pregnant.

My sister in law also a hairdresser offered to do my cousins hair, yet yesterday she was talking about dying her hair plum (it's a base 4 from home kits already!) I said that whatever you buy please please please go to wholesales with my sis in law and at the wry least DO NOT buy xxxl! I come home today and she's there with the dreaded colour-I have moved house today and had I been free I would have done her colour just to save her from herself. But I just didn't have the time.

So she's used it and she will be home again in 10-12 weeks and she will inevitably want to be blonde or the summer.

I've already ruled this out as a possibility and then my sister had a go at me for being 'nasty' ah!

I was trying to do her (and her barnet) a favour! Rant over.

Then she's nasty herself. If someone in my family put a box colour near their hair that's it, not even a cut from me. I already have one cousin who only phones when she has a disaster xoxo

It's the blank look when you say this is a bad idea! They look at you as if to say whatdo you know a colours a colour. Ah well her hair disaster

Family hey , my sister used to be awful she used a boxed bleach and put it directly on her scalp !! She was at the age she knew best ! I was called by my mum well as you can imagine there were a lot of orange tones complete disaster , thankfully now my family has learnt from this and we have moved foward and now they have wella applied by moi

I don't do hair so I've not a clue but what's bad about home dyes? Not saying your wrong at all I'm just wondering as I've heard a lot if people say they're bad :) x

My sister is a hairdresser and won't let me use any box dyes either. I'm not a hair geek but it's like my family going to the grocery store and buying their skincare there, so I totally understand!

Gina all OTC products are bad there is loads of threads on here that go in to detail just search worst of all is OTC bleach and xxxl colours (due to what they contain)

I don't do hair so I've not a clue but what's bad about home dyes? Not saying your wrong at all I'm just wondering as I've heard a lot if people say they're bad :) x

Its like me going to get fake gel polish, who knows what it will do? Difference is we know home colours are bad, they are made for "anyone" to use so peroxides are usually higher, mixes poor, Ingredients used can melt your hair like hair removal cream and other things. That's why they are bad xoxo

My cousin was the same til she wanted to go blonde from black box dyes and had to put up with grumpy me charging her 50 quid a pop for full head hilights every 6 weeks and ranting at her about actually looking after her hair for once. I also said that if she ever puts a box dye on her hair again i wont touch it and she can go to a salon and pay triple the price i charge to have it corrected.

Latest posts

Back