family trees

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marie111

Reaction score
Has anyone here had their family tree done or did it themselves?
How far back did you get?
Did you find out something you would rather not have?
I've asked someone to do one for my mother for xmas and already in 24 hours she has found out my great great grandad was Irish, I'm just owndering how far back I'm gonna be able to get it.
She reckons with the irish connection its a bit harder to trace back.

My husband has had his family done....and he can trace back to the 1400's :eek:.......
Haven't had mine done as I don't really care....:rolleyes:

My husband has had his family done....and he can trace back to the 1400's :eek:.......
Haven't had mine done as I don't really care....:rolleyes:

Wow the 1400s

I would love to do mine on my mothers side but i just wouldnt know where to start and it would take up a lot of time that i just dont have to spare at the mo.

But my grandad on my dads side has got his done and we found out that we should all have a different surname than the one that we have, on his birth certificate is surname is totally different from the one that he had always thought and is still called by, so in theory we should all have another surname!!!

hope that makes sense.:hug::hug:

My hubby did ours a few years ago and got way back to the 1400's on my dads side. Its so interesting but hard work to do :)

I agree, I'd love to know all the history but it's the time thing.

I wonder how much it would cost to have someone else do all the donkey work?

When you think how many sets of nails/rebalances you could do given all the hours it would take to investigate, it'd probably be well worth paying them!!:lol:

my uncle got our info and went way back too, cant remember how far tho, but all my ancestors are irish too, we also have alot of people in america and also black skinned people. dont know the ins or outs of it all tho, but we even had some very old photos, from the days when peeps travelled in "caravans" like in a convoy, "settlers" i think they were called, it was all very interesting. i could even see a resemblance in my grand father (deceased) and the ancesters - and would you know, the "ear" trait was even going on THEN....lol (one ear sticks out more that the other) - its on my fathers side. i think alot of us that do this, will find that there is irish in us somewhere, alot of the irish moved to america "in those days. you never know, alot of US may be related somewhere along the lines lol

I agree, I'd love to know all the history but it's the time thing.

I wonder how much it would cost to have someone else do all the donkey work?

When you think how many sets of nails/rebalances you could do given all the hours it would take to investigate, it'd probably be well worth paying them!!:lol:

I'll let you know when shes completed mine.

Latest posts

Back