Fancy dress ideas - male

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

innocence

Reaction score
So basically, a week on Friday myself, friends and my partner are attending the fancy dress (the last day of the towns carnival week) and we are all sorted but my partner. Who hasn't even thought about what to do let alone ordered/brought anything - other than our tickets.
Due to a commitment he has within the town he will be attending most the week in a professional manner, so the fancy dress is really the only day he gets to be away from his duties but is still noticed and known by people.
In other words he wants something different, but also something that won't have him noticed as much as some simple costumes would as well as something where you won't end up getting to warm as there will be hundreds of people going so though it's in a marque outside it gets very warm.

Disney is a no no. So Is anything to rude. And he doesn't like my ideas as well I've not taken his costume to seriously and I can't think of a thing.

Anyone got any ideas I could throw at him?! And I promise to post whatever it is he goes as

Is there any theme, have you got time to order something? Off the top of my head:-
* a rubix cube?
* an iphone?
* some sort of animal?
* one of the Mario bros'
* Harry potter
* a woman?

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

Is there any theme, have you got time to order something? Off the top of my head:-
* a rubix cube?
* an iphone?
* some sort of animal?
* one of the Mario bros'
* Harry potter
* a woman?

Hi, thanks for the reply
Harry Potter, animals and women have all been suggested and no has been said - literally the most awkward person ever!!

He should have time to order as he will just get one where he can do next day delivery.
There is no theme, it Is just a big event so many things have been done so we're trying to think of something different.

Thanks for the ideas though.

My husband went to a fancy dress party as Steed from the avengers. Simple Black suit, bowler hat and umbrella. He's totally bald so he put an Elvis wig on. It was great and everybody knew who he was!

Vic x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Joffrey from game of thrones.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Wrap a sheet around his head...

Attachments

• Taliban.jpg
    Taliban.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 148
A Ghostbuster!

He literally is the worst person ever, and I'm half convinced her thinks the fancy dress is in two weeks not one. So I'll be getting on to him about it today. Issue is he works so much and has other commitments that he doesn't watch much TV - So TV and movie personalities kinda go out the window.
I'll kick his add into gear today!
Considering hes self employed, he leaves a lot of his personal things to the last minute. Like this trip in London we have planned in a month... nothing is booked.
Anyway

last year he went as some Mexican with a huge over the top hat, that pretty much hit everyone who was his height.

I like the ghost buster Idea though.

He literally is the worst person ever, and I'm half convinced her thinks the fancy dress is in two weeks not one. So I'll be getting on to him about it today. Issue is he works so much and has other commitments that he doesn't watch much TV - So TV and movie personalities kinda go out the window.
I'll kick his add into gear today!
Considering hes self employed, he leaves a lot of his personal things to the last minute. Like this trip in London we have planned in a month... nothing is booked.
Anyway

last year he went as some Mexican with a huge over the top hat, that pretty much hit everyone who was his height.

I like the ghost buster Idea though.

You could just leave him at home and tell everyone he's gone as the invisible man :)

You could just leave him at home and tell everyone he's gone as the invisible man :)

You know what, that is actually a good idea if he doesn't sort himself out. I did say he could just go as a nudist... just remind me to get the tickets out the car beforehand otherwise we'll all be going as the invisible man/women.

When I was walking through penny's (primark) the other day there was random bubble wrap man costumes for sale:lol: xxx

When I was walking through penny's (primark) the other day there was random bubble wrap man costumes for sale:lol: xxx

I want one! :)

Top gun or blues brothers. Dead easy and not at all way out! I love fancy dress!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Where's wally. Found on eBay

My partner went to a fancy dress as ace venture when hes in the tutu with shorts on, everybody loved it

miss Beauty-licious

How about something like this? Me and my fiancé did something similar to this last year. It was a big him with everybody and fairly easy to do with liquid latex.. This picture is from google.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1408026844.953883.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1408026844.953883.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 101
Blues Brothers is simple for someone fussy.

I'm not quite so fussy, the last fancy dress party I went to was American themed... I wennt as Marylin Monroe :o

It was an experience!

Update:
Men are fussy and still nothing ordered.
He's coming over tonight to look into holidays so I'm making him order something then

Something simple, quite cool but not too scary is Hannibal, my husband did it a few yrs ago, slicked back hair, a blue boiler suit, hand cuffs & a face mask (which you can get from any fancy dress shop!) simple but very effective!

Latest posts

Back