Fancy Minx tips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elliebee

Reaction score
I'm trying to get a little bit more adventurous with nails and am looking for simple ways to jazz up plain nails.

I've seen Minx foils used to create tips but I've tried this and it looks a bit naff when I cut it.

Any tips please?

Blinking gorgeous posted a picture on facebook of minx guides to cut. Will see if I can find it now x

Here you go hun xx

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1358956994.497967.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1358956994.497967.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 414
This picture did the rounds a little while ago and I love it.

I must get me some of those guides, even though it's probably quite simple to find something for the job.

Attachments

• Minx tips.jpg
    Minx tips.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 432
Where can you buy one of those tools from?

This picture did the rounds a little while ago and I love it.

I must get me some of those guides, even though it's probably quite simple to find something for the job.

Ooh I love these. But simple designs like these need to be perfectly finished don't they and mine are never neat enough.

Am definitely going to have another go

If I want to cut Minx to create a tip, I use the centre out of a sculpting form sick it onto the back of the
Minx (while still on the backing) then used the centre of the sculpting form as a guide to get a perfect smile line

Where can you buy the guides from? The look fab!

Hi Angel Fingers

Have emailed you about cutters. They look great!

Please can someone tell me how to do these?
Would you complete the Shellac process then apply Minx then second topcoat?

Thanks x

Anyone? I have a client who wants them on Friday!!

Put minx on as normal prior to top coat, then complete shellac service. Good luck.

Urgh!!!! I did it. Not an easy task, not a brilliant result but client was very happy 😊
Much more practice needed!! What I did discover was it was easier for me to complete the shellac service to the top coat, wipe with d-sperse, then apt the minx. I did try applying the minx prior to the top coat but it moved around on the tacky layer.

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1359722395.084270.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1359722432.033993.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1359722432.033993.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 98

Latest posts

Back