Fancy winning some of Schoons manuscript?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
princessmowgli said:
Most of us on geek are women.

We have breasts don't we?

Now you're just showing off Cathie :wink2: (she says, a few breastfed children down the line :cry: :irked: )

Anyway I got my tickets, not as many as most others but every little helps I guess.

Sonia

lol....maybe a bit of an exaggeration on my part (a few more breastfed children down the line)!

Just got this off of the Beautytech site this morning:

We are ten days into the raffle and already an amazing $1170 US or 630 Britsh Pounds has been raised. Here is the rantking between the two sites:

Drum roll please...

The UK is in the lead!

TheNailgeek.com (UK)- $877US or 471 British Pounds
Beautytech.com (US)- $292US or 158 British one Pounds

As Debbie says - there is still a month to go - lets keep those donations coming.

Although I have bought tickets, I am going to put a pink box on my desk for anyone's loose change LOL. and towards the end of the raffle, I will buy as many more tickets as I can.

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to update you will on the "Battle of the Internet Web Sites". As you know, Beautytech.com and the thenailgeek.com have graciously donated a tremendous amount of time and energy to this charity fundraising event. And what better charity event than the 3-Day Walk sponsored by the Susan G. Koman Foundation for Breast Cancer Research? This world renowned charity has touch the lives of people all around the world and is considered an important source of funding for cutting-edge breast cancer research. The "Raffle" is just for fun, but the money it will raise is seriously needed, so anything you can donate will be greatly appreciated (and is 100% tax-deductible).
We are ten days into the raffle and already an amazing $1170 US or £630 Britsh Pounds has been raised. Here is the ranking between the two sites:

Drum roll please...

The UK is in the lead!

TheNailgeek.com (UK)- $877US or £471 British Pounds
Beautytech.com (US)- $292US or £158 British one Pounds

Congratulations to both! But, this horse races isn't over yet, not by a long shot! We have exactly 30 days to go before we know who the winning Web site will be. And a lot can happen in a month.

If you have done so already, please check out the these web sites for more information on this raffle. You can find contest details at www.beautytech.com/contest or www.thenailgeek.com.
Remember, 15 lucky winners will receive a hand corrected, autographed, original manuscript chapter from my new book AND the satisfaction of knowing that they have contributed to an extremely worthy cause AND that their contribution has brought us one step closer to finding a cure for breast cancer.
Please help spread the word and encourage others to donate.
Thank you to all of you who have donated already. It is greatly appreciated! I will be back to update you next week. Until then...

Doug Schoon

Each day I look at the total and can't believe that out of 3000+ and a tremendous push from Sam we are only up to just less than £500, I find it even harder to believe that beautytech are even less. Come on now, even if you don't want the prize and who doesn't, surely we can make it past the 3 figures soon?

Cathy

Hi Cathy,
I love your spirit and wanted to personally thank you for your support. I've also read the other e-mails in this discussion and I could hear the “we can do it” spirit in those messages as well! Thank you to everyone who is involved in any way in the fight against breast cancer. I know there are other events going on in your country and many of your local techs have also been very active in this great effort. My hats off to all of you!
I've always known it was true, but it's wonderful to see confirmation of my deep believe that all around the world, no matter where you go… nail people are good people.
Doug Schoon

I have now added a new element to users post headings that indicate how many tickets they I have record of them buying (if any).
The more tickets purchased... the more Breast Cancer ribbons they get on their postbit ;)

If you have purchased tickets and have no indicator... drop me a line. I have to manually add those that are sent through the post.

nJoy

i bought tickets - via snail mail - but i don't have any pink ribbons showing....found the lost form and have posted off the money yesterday - do the pink ribbons not show until sam has got the cheque?

Yup. I have to manually add your purchase when I get the cheque unless done through PayPal.

Well I've just bought 10... not a huge amount to start with but I hope every little helps.
Was planning on doing some Breast Cancer awareness nail art, and Sherrie's fab other half Addie made me some fabbo ribbon design airbrushing masks, I only hope that with my opening date getting pushed back and back I won't end up offering the art at a time when people won't be so interested in it.
Remember everyone, though, March is Lavender Month, which is especially dedicated to raising the awareness of breast cancer in younger women, so remember to get those ribbons out then too!
Lol x

By the way, how many tickets do we have to buy before we get those purty pink ribbons by our names? :)

The Nail Geek said:
Yup. I have to manually add your purchase when I get the cheque unless done through PayPal.

thanks for that sam...i was SO ashamed at not having any ribbons, that i've just bought some more via paypal as well as ones via snail mail - that cheque is winging its way to your desk as we speak...can't be giving all those geeks out there a hard time about not buying when it looked like i hadn't bought any myself. :D

i've paid with pay pal now BUT still no ribbons....

Thats becasue the transaction wasnt carried through as per my post in the other thread.

In fact... its getting to be such a butt pain with so many threads on this subject... I am locking this one... go here to make more posts on this topic ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back