Fancy winning some of Schoons manuscript?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Geek

Grand Master Geek
Premium Geek
Reaction score
Doug Schoon is holding an internet only raffle to give away final marked up and personalized chapters from his Nail Structure and Product Chemistry revision 2 to benefit charity.

He is pitting us up against www.beautytech.com in a friendly rivalry to see who can drum up the most ticket sales to help fight Breast Cancer. Each winner will get a chapter (one will receive the last 2 chapters as they are shorter) except for the title page and first chapter. That will be given away by the site that drums up the most money in donations.

Tickets are only £0.50 each and all money goes to the Susan G. Komen Foundation.

nJoy
This thread is being continued here.

This is a fab idea, just bought my tickets! Fingers crossed now! I can't wait for the book to be released in March, just might get a taster earlier than expected, and it all goes to a good cause.

bought mine too. just to let other guys know that there are a couple of ways to pay...if you want to pay with paypal you can, but there is also an option to print out your completed form and post with a cheque or postal/money order, so even if you don't have a credit card or a paypal account you can still buy tickets for such a good cause.

Great cause. Sam, I like the way the total is displayed - is there anywhere on the Beautytech site that we can find out how they are doing - I looked but couldn't find anything.

fabulous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Got my Tickets.......
You gotta be in it to win it...........xxxx

Dint know if Debbie (over at www.beautytech.com ) has a score board up. Wish she did as I am clueless how she is doing.

Come On Guys!!!! Cant believe that people would bid almost £300 for 2 hours 121 time, but not take such a great opportunity to buy as many tickets as possible. There will be at least 7 winners on this site alone!

Get everyone you know involved. Its a fundraiser to fight freaking Breast Cancer after all!
One ticket is all it takes... but then again... they are so freaking cheap, why not buy 100? ;)

gogogogogo!!!

Please can you tell us what date the draw is being held? :biggrin: Thanks!!!

I think the drawing will be December 16th (the raffle ends the 15th)

Looking like its going to be a difficult one to hit £6,000!

(The goal is to try and raise $20,000... therefore I would like my site to hit the $10,000 mark... which is around £6,000)

Come on guys! Don't make me beg!

OK guys what is £2.00 - it is not even the cost of a bottle of nail enamel.

If everyone on here buys 4 tickets then we will reach the £6,000.

I know I have bought quite a few more than 4 so come on guys after all it is for one of the best causes in the world.

This is what I did...........
I brought tickets with the money I got from one Manicure......£ xx.xx well spend I think !!!!.....No I don't just think this, I know this for sure, as sure as I know that I love Voddy and Orange without the ice cubes lol.............

So one Manicure from me can save life's in the future.......... who knows it might even save mine one day, or my daughters or my granddaughters who knows ???
It came to late for my sister in law, but it might not be to late for someone else's relative or themselfs..........Food for thought I think !!!
Now I am not suggesting, we should all spend a days takings lol but hey, just one re varnish can go towards saving someones life one day ...............
And another thought................ lets beat the pants of the Beauty Tech site....
So come on geeks lets get this show down on the road............
GMG said......... don't make him beg, well I ain't proud I am begging xxxx

Thanks for reading this xxxx

seeing as you put it so nicely how can i refuse LOL, i'll get mine now
x

Oh thats so brill xxxx
A big hugg for you from me xxxxx

So far the ticket sales are going at the same speed as molassess runs uphill and I have to say that I am somewhat dissapointed to see a mere 14 out of over 3,300 people have even bothered to contribute so far.

Whats a freaking fiver for a great cause and a super chance at winning such a unique present such as this? Heck, for that matter, whats £20 to go toward Breast Cancer research?

I just pounded out my next article in Scratch talking about how everyone is really getting into the spirit of giving with how everyone responded to the GeekBay charity drives. Then I eagerly popped in to check the grand totals for the Breast Cancer charity and see that there is little to no movement at all.

I must also confess that I also popped in to check the totals so I could take great pleasure in updating Debbie over at Beautytech as she is rallying the troops on that side of the pond. Now I fear it is her that shall be gleefully updating me.

Sure its childish... but its fun and a damn good cause. Especially one that effects so many in our industry. I just wish more people felt the same.

Only 14!!!!!

Come on guys get your hands in your pockets.

Most of us on geek are women.

We have breasts don't we?

Sure you want to help find a way of keeping them if the worst comes to the worst?

I sure as hell do!!!

It's a great way of helping a good cause and hopefully winning a one off, never to be repeated manuscript from one of our inustry greats.

I am still begging here you guys xxxxxxxxxxx
Every £ spend on this is a £ nearer to finding a cure xxxx
Yes Cathie you are so right, I wanna keep my boys nicely tucked in my bra and not finding them in some hospital waste disposer xxxxx
I say keep em safe and keep em snugg xxxx

:o I'm sure like a lot of other peeps I have been meaning to do this each time I have popped on the last couple of days :o
Gave Boots a few quid yesterday to take care of my face, the least I can do is spend a fiver on my boobs, lol! .... hell youre right .... could be my life. :eek:
Ruth & Sam ... thanx for embarrassing me into acting :Love:
....ooh and yeah ..... Big Up The Geeks!

Got my tickets...

Most of us on geek are women.

We have breasts don't we?

Now you're just showing off Cathie :wink2: (she says, a few breastfed children down the line :cry: :irked: )

Anyway I got my tickets, not as many as most others but every little helps I guess.

Sonia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back