Fantastic press for Shellac from the Beauty Editors!! Are you making the most of it?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

geeg

Judge Gigi-Honorary Geek
Reaction score
Hey you Shellack-ers out there. Have you heard about what our busy boy geek David Barton has been up to?

I wonder if you have seen some of the fantastic press that the Shellac service is getting from the beauty editors??? And this is just the beginning !!

They are loving Shellac and they are raving about it. How many of you have seen this?? And are you making use of it to help grow your business?

Leaving Facebook... | Facebook

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mItP5g9d4M&h=de6bc

Copy and paste, laminate or have the video playing in your salon reception or work area.

Last edited:
Great press! Well done David! xxx

The most important thing about press like this is that you technicians USE it to your advantage.

Hype like this will drive people to your salon door to see if you are offering the Shellac UV colour coat system.

Having info in the salon will generate talk among the friends of your existing clients and bring you more.

So the question is are you using it to your advantage??

Absolutely!!!!! :D

This is the first product (IMO) that has had so much press and everyone's talking about it.... it's not just us techs that are excited about Shellac!! :D

Here in Ireland, we have a prime time show on called Xpose and the lovely geek, mrs o (aka Karen O' Neill) talks about Shellac.

I then sent a text to all of my clients, including the ones that I haven't seen in years, telling them that I had this product and they should book early to avoid disappointment etc...

I've been inundated with phone calls and texts ever since and my diary is FULL to the brim, as the clients knew exactly what I was talking about as they had seen the programme and had read articles in magazines.... mrs o has been very busy these days.... a bit like all of us Shellac users :D

Here's the link if you'd like to see her in action

https://www.tv3.ie/article.php?article_id=36933&locID=1.65.68.267.&pagename=xpose

Last edited:
Fabulous ...... I have seen Karen in action many times!!! :D

She said several important things, but one very important thing and it is THE reason why every one of the Beauty Editors that has tried it is raving about Shellac is that ... There is no filing on the natural nail and instantly dry polish. Those are the things that women who love their real nails WANT ... and CND has delivered it.

Shellac is not just a coloured gel .... in a bottle or a pot ... it is a UV colour coat polish ... goes on like polish ... wears like a gel but is not either ( hybrid technology ... new technology).

Fabulous ...... I have seen Karen in action many times!!! :D

She said several important things, but one very important thing and it is THE reason why every one of the Beauty Editors that has tried it is raving about Shellac is that ... There is no filing on the natural nail and instantly dry polish. Those are the things that women who love their real nails WANT ... and CND has delivered it.

Shellac is not just a coloured gel .... in a bottle or a pot ... it is a UV colour coat polish ... goes on like polish ... wears like a gel but is not either ( hybrid technology ... new technology).

Yes, I agree and I was interested to hear that Lisa Eldridge also mentioned in the utube clip, that she never wanted to have Bio Sculpture because she didn't want her nails filed down... this is want the clients want and obviously why they are so excited about Shellac

My friend Marian Newman has been battling with Beauty Editors for years to have enhancements done by GOOD technicians that don't file on the natural nail, and they just do not want to know. They just do not believe people can wear enhancements without nail damage. No amount of telling them will convince them even from MARIAN who they trust implicitly.

So, thanks to Marian, who is sending all these folks to David to have their nails Shellacked (Marian never has a minute herself when she is not doing some celbrity or another :D and he is doing great job) they are loving it and seeing the results for themselves.

2 fantastic videos there, thanks for posting those links.:D I have saved them both to favourites and will get my son to pop them onto a dvd so I can play them in my wee salon. I have had a fantastic response to Shellac and have put the window sticker on my car as well.

I am in the process of getting my web site updated and will have a separate page for Shellac as I did with Minx.

I think that it is fantastic that the response to Shellac is so positive, but not surprised at the same time. :green:

Great piece Mrs O!

Now the beauty journos are coming back with (surprised) pieces that it really does stay perfect for 2 weeks! Believe me they wouldn't bother if this wasn't true!

Well Polished (Vogue.com UK)

Thanks Angel Geeg and Mum for your lovely comments.The truth is that these TV people( and there have been 2 more since) and Beauty Eds are coming to us!!
In the past we would have to plamause (irish word for suck up to!)them and its delightful that they are all behind Shellac and love it for themselves,on their own nails - so its they want to write about it.
They are nearly becoming a nuisance- interfering with the business day-there are so many of them- lol.
Its brilliant!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back